1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (15 reviews )
Bingo Mobile / Couch Car / Clown Car
By Louis on 12/10/08 22:09 PM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

This automobile is the most reliable and comfortable auto I have ever owned. Highway mileage is 32 per gallon, equal to some autos produced in 2008.This auto has excellent highway manners for long trips, the interior is spacous and quiet while running above highway speeds.Tuneups, oil change, timing belt, and brakes are the only items needing attention.

Unfortunate
By Unfortunate on 01/06/06 12:54 PM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

Some Plymouth Acclaim where very good cars. Mine, unfortunately for me, was not. The V6 engine blew a gasket 3 months into ownership. It was never the same, when I would come to a stop I had to pump slightly the brakes to keep the engine from dying. The serpentine belt would fall off easily. Once on the highway it was a great car, it rode nicely.

12 years strong
By C Jones on 09/09/05 10:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

we bought this car new, it was one of the few we could afford that would fit 3 car seats plus grandma! It now has 116,000 miles on it and has nad no major problems yet. In fact the 3 kids in car seats are all in high school & drive the car daily. We were looking for another Acclaim to give to our second high schooler. This is a good safe car! The V6 engine is great with a carload of 5-6 people.

Not luxurious but definately reliable!
By J Wit on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car for me before my junior year of high school, I'm now a senior in college and applying to law school! With well over 100K miles it still runs just as well when I got it. I beat the crap out of this poor car over the years and it's still going strong, EVEN THE ORIGIONAL TIMING BELT! A/C went out at 105k miles but Chrysler never made a decent a/c. I'm getting a new car soon, hope its a reliable as the Plymouth.

2005 makeover
By m ford on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

comfort and style with plenty of power worry free and low maint.

Great car- now I know
By Scotter on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

Exception Car...really didn't notice them when they were new...but very roomy..styling holds up well

1993 Acclaim still going like pink bunny
By Eliz. on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

My husband and I bought this car just before getting married. It has very little rust (really, not any), and other than the usual repairs like brakes, battery, and tires, it has only been in the shop once for a tune up (in the 7th year) and had the water pump replaced. The car has just under 200,000 miles and shows no signs of leaving us yet. We plan on getting a new car for my husband and keeping the Acclaim around for the older kids and a "kick around" car when needed.

good car gone bad
By millerm on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

Car was great at 75,000 still good at 100,000 but has become a money pit ever since...cracked head, left axle, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, oil pan, head gasket, plus the usual repairs. Has 127,000 now and Im gonna sell this car as fast as I can before something else goes wrong.

wish they still made them...
By random grad student on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

My folks got me this car 2.5 years ago for commuting to school, and it's been great. It has 122k miles on it now, and the only major repair I've had to have done was for a leaking a/c. It's holding up great, although it only gets about 20-22mpg, probably because I'm doing mostly city driving. I love driving this car, and I'm going to miss it when it finally dies (which will luckily probably be a while).

Old Faithless
By Old Unfaithless on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Plymouth Acclaim Sedan 4dr Sedan

Extensive warranty work on engine. Premature breakdown of A/C; transmission, etc. After 125,000 KM the car became a money pit (transmission, alternator, fuel pump, A/C).