Used 1993 Plymouth Acclaim Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Plymouth Acclaim - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (15 reviews )

Bingo Mobile / Couch Car / Clown Car
By Louis

1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

This automobile is the most reliable and comfortable auto I have ever owned. Highway mileage is 32 per gallon, equal to some autos produced in 2008.This auto has excellent highway manners for long trips, the interior is spacous and quiet while running above highway speeds.Tuneups, oil change, timing belt, and brakes are the only items needing attention.

Comfort during driving and couch like bench seat. Body is solid with no rattles or squeaks. This is the clown car the automobile companies should be producing for the overextended masses.

Unfortunate
By Unfortunate

1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

Some Plymouth Acclaim where very good cars. Mine, unfortunately for me, was not. The V6 engine blew a gasket 3 months into ownership. It was never the same, when I would come to a stop I had to pump slightly the brakes to keep the engine from dying. The serpentine belt would fall off easily. Once on the highway it was a great car, it rode nicely.

The powerful engine and interior quality.

It could have used better quality control. Because of this vehicle I could never buy a Chrysler product again, even if I think they make the coolest looking vehicles.

12 years strong
By C Jones

1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

we bought this car new, it was one of the few we could afford that would fit 3 car seats plus grandma! It now has 116,000 miles on it and has nad no major problems yet. In fact the 3 kids in car seats are all in high school & drive the car daily. We were looking for another Acclaim to give to our second high schooler. This is a good safe car! The V6 engine is great with a carload of 5-6 people.

I always loved the split front seat with seat belt. Being able to fit the sixth passenger safely has definately been a plus!

Too late for improvements unless they decide to manufacture these again.

Not luxurious but definately reliable!
By J Wit

1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car for me before my junior year of high school, I'm now a senior in college and applying to law school! With well over 100K miles it still runs just as well when I got it. I beat the crap out of this poor car over the years and it's still going strong, EVEN THE ORIGIONAL TIMING BELT! A/C went out at 105k miles but Chrysler never made a decent a/c. I'm getting a new car soon, hope its a reliable as the Plymouth.

Reliability!

Plymouth no longer exists...whats the point!

2005 makeover
By m ford

1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

comfort and style with plenty of power worry free and low maint.

cruise control, a/c, driverside air bag

remote trunk release