1990 Plymouth Acclaim - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acclaim model:
What a great car
By SpenserTalus on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car back in 1992 and it has been wonderful. Although the paint has basically scaled away on the roof and the hood, the car still runs great. The acceleration on it isn't great now, but then again its a 15 year old 4- cylinder economy car. The car's wonderful on long car trips, as it has plenty of room. I chose to drive this car instead of a 2000 PT Cruiser; that car was a piece of junk.

170000 and still going!
By carnut1000 on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Acclaim LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I've owned it for 10 years with no major repairs. Yes, the paint peeled horribly but I had it repainted and it looks like new. This car is very comfortable and roomy for a small car. It knocks a little upon start-up but it has done this since I bought the car. It burns a little oil but not so much that I must add oil between oil changes. For a 14 year old car, it still gets 30 mpg on the highway. It has lots of get-up-and- go. I have taken care of this car and it has taken care of me.

GoingAndGoing
By BillMe on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Acclaim LE 4dr Sedan

We could always count on this car with very little time in the shop. Plenty of room throughout the car. Great for shopping or traveling and with 23mph city and 28 highway not too expensive to use. Yes the valves tap but they've been tapping for 60 thousand miles with no problem. My wife loves it and had it repainted last year. The original paint job was coming off but with the new color it's almost like new.

Excellent sleeper
By MoparMan58 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

One fine automobile - another MoPar hit - overlooked in the marketplace

Why did i buy this car?!
By Scott Niec on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Plymouth Acclaim LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and this car has started to fall apart. This has begin a money pit and an eye sore. I have the lights held in place with a toothbrush it burns oil like a WWII tank and it puts out a blue smoke screen when i hit the gas. THe speakers stopped working not long after purchase and now the seats have all ripped. Also the timing belt ripped like a paper bag on the highway. I am afraid to drive it in towns since i fear the smoke will harm small children or animals.

GOOD CAR
By marybuggy on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Acclaim LE 4dr Sedan

THE PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM IS A GOOD FAST CAR, THE CAR WILL NEVER PUT YOU DOWN THE ACCLAIM LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE STREET ROD I TELL YOU IF YOU GOING TO BUY YOUR KID A FIRST CAR BUY HIM A PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM LE.IF YOUR KID IS A HIGHT PERFORMACE CHILDBUY HIM THIS CAR NOTHING ELSE IF HE LIKES TO DRIVE FAST AND QUICK BUY AN ACCLAIM. THE PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM SHOULD HAVE A PERFECT RATING ON RELIABILITY AND ELECTRIC STUFF LIKE THAT,THE ACCLAIM FITS FIVE PEOPLE JUST LIKE A LS 400 WOULD COMFATIBLE,I HAVE TESTED THIS CAR,THIS CAR DOES 0TO60 IN LIKE 5SECONDS

good car
By d.ponder on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Plymouth Acclaim 4dr Sedan