Used 2004 Panoz Esperante Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Panoz Esperante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Esperante model:

A high-tech, modern throwback
By Jeffthefish

2004 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Panoz Esperante recaptures the feeling of the old 289 Cobra, which was always the most exciting streetable ride there was. There's a fun factor so lacking in the other cars available today. Some are faster, most quieter and ride better, some are surely better put together and use prettier materials, but the Panoz gives something else-those intangibles the Cobra gave, the perfect feedback, the complete involvement, the roughness around the edges, the classic style, the exclusivity and the performance that feels better than it actually is. The Esperante, an American made toy, w/high-tech, expensive components that knocks your age back 25-35 years

Has a great powertrain, runs, looks and sounds great. Made of aluminum, carbon fiber and stainless steel throughout and is made by a bunch of guys who really seem to love what they are producing. I toured the factory and met them. They're enthusiasts.

Convertible top boot. Make the Plasma wheels standard equipment. Cupholders, xm radio, climate control.

Ferrari drivers give me the thumbs up!
By mobileman

2004 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car gets me more valet attention than any car I have ever had. And I have had over 30 cars!

Performance (its like driving one of their race cars) Body Style, Prestige, Exclusivity, I cant stop at a gas station without a Mob showing up!

Better dealer availibility. I had to wait in line to get my car. My dealer was great but I had to wait in line. It was the same when I bought my Ferrari 360. ( The car I traded in )

Panoz Esperante
By Steve Robinson

2004 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

An absolute joy to drive. Perfect blend of style, comfort, handling and power. American ingenuity at its finest. A great throwback to European styling with modern practicality and reliability.

Love the center console. Plenty of room and comfort inside. Exterior appeal is as sweet as it gets. Not too showy

Hand brake needs more finger room. Also, several loose screws in the engine compartment holding on the L & R quarter panel carbon fiber.