Used 2003 Panoz Esperante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Panoz Esperante - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

With a Panoz You Get a Poke in the Nose
By Panoz

2003 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My thought when my wife wanted a new Jaguar was that the Jags looked a lot like the Ford Tauras at the time. I thought that if we bought a sexy very good looking sports car like the Panoz it not only would not look so common but hopfully hold more of its value. I was wrong. The car's style unargueably is very good. They forgot to put any shocks on it though and therefore it is very, very, very rough to drive. The other thing is the convertible roof of the car is is not well designed and it rattles a lot when driving. The worst part of owning the Panoz is the resale value. There is none. Don't buy one unless you can afford to lose $80,000 really fast.

The best part of the car is the styling and how fun it is to drive with the top down.

Since most people will drive the car on the road and not on the track please put shocks on the car. Have more dealers that will be in business two years after the car is purchased. When the top is up the roar of the engine is too loud. Provide some resale value garantee so that after driving the car 10,000 miles the value doesn't drop by $60,000.

Panoz is the absolute best
By jack orbin

2003 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car. I have or have had a Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, Lexus, Triumph and this car beats them hands down in almost every category. My Panoz Esperante is the very best looking car on the road. I love it.

The exterior looks.

Raise front end ride a bit and make it smoother.

This should be top rated
By e1v2a3

2003 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Just returned from a trip around Florida in less than a week almost 2k miles. I could not belive this car was a hand built sports car made in America.It drew so much attention and rode like a dream.It held lots of luggage and was good on gas, why are these things not on the front page of every magazine in America? I love it.

It looks so good and turns so many heads.

Better radio

Panoz Esperante
By Steve Robinson

2003 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the very best value in exotic sports cars - period. Construction materials, workmanship, safety, power, handling, comfort, fuel economy and design - this vehicle has it all. It beats the competition hands down. There is no close 2nd for value when considering price & performance. One of the finest designs ever in a thoroughbred sports car. Made in Americn has returned to all its former glory.

Design has to be #1. Driving pleasure is unequaled.

Parking break needs more "finger room".

It's Al Good
By Brittney

2003 Panoz Esperante 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Experience driving on the road was amazing. It rides smooth it drives fast. And it is so comfortable. I felt like I was laying on my Bed but upwards. I havn't drove it that much because it's a very expensive car. I use it for special occasions like going to weddings, taking my kids some where thay want to be recognized!

I love the way it's designed. This car is a work of art. One of many. When you feel the wind blowing in your face you feel sooo good. I love the seats and the stick shift. I feel very comfortable with them

I think that the car is just fine the way it is and I am not going to buy another!