1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Toronado model:
WAY ahead of its time
By T5258 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I previously owned an 88 Pontiac 6000 STE, and wanted another vehicle with good handling & ride, along with a bit more power and comfort. The Trofeo really fits the bill! The 3800 has more than adequate (170) horsepower, a nice torque curve, while the 4 wheel independent suspension soaks up bumps & has superior grip! Interior design is well laid out, although I worry about the reliability of the VIC (touch-screen that controls audio, climate & trip computer + a BUNCH of other things). In typical GM fashion, the headliner is beginning to droop, but is well designed inside otherwise. GM really nailed the exterior design as well, both sophisticated & timeless!

Love Grandma's Car
By bw626 on 05/16/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe 2dr Coupe

My grandpa bought this car wrecked for my grandma in 1995. He fixed it up and she drove it until she got a van to haul the grandkids around. It wasn't a Trofeo but had the digital cluster and was all power. My grandparents have both passed since but we now have the Toronado. It is a fun car and I have never seen another one in our area. It even does great in the snow!

Toro Forever
By dukemd69 on 09/29/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

This is the best looking, most comfortable and most fuel efficient vehicle I have ever owned. They just don't make vehicles like this anymore. I routinely get 32 mpg, hwy. The only deficiencies that I have experienced, and this is my second Toro, are in the electrical system, and the headliner, which needed minor repair. It has the 3.8L V6 engine that is found in most of the other GM autos, so getting motor parts and repairs poses no problem. I joined the Olds Club of America, but found no one to help me with suggestions. Body parts are virtually non-existent, unless you can find someone parting one out. I have no intention of buying another vehicle, even though I can afford one.

Love at First Sight - Still in Love!
By marshakar56 on 09/11/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado after seeing it on display at my Delco electonics plant...after sitting in one for 5 minutes I knew that I had to have one. I opted not to get the visual information center, sunroof and cell phone because I don't trade vehicles often...I try to drive their wheels off. I will keep this vehicle going as long as I can find parts for it. It still attracts attention to this day. I have kept it garaged and maintained like new and am often told that the inquiring person thought it was a new car. The only drawback is that I usually can't find parts for it at the local salvage yards. Thank goodness I haven't needed many parts anyway!

I hope it lasts forever
By Hoog on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I've driven and dutifully cared for this car 12 years. I really love it. The only problem areas: Air Conditioning had a leak in the compressor, and the Instrument Panel Cluster module needed a repair after 5 years. Comfortable, great looking, people ask about it all the time. It's unique, and I'll never own another car with this much character. Year after year I look, but nothing compares. I hope it lives forever!

exellent
By adr on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

good motor in conditon

'92 Trofeo Review
By Ron Heller on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

Only regret is not having memory on seat setting. Best car I ever owned ! Still turns heads at 11 years old. Added super sound system with amplifier and appropriate speakers. Very reliable.

Olds Toro has been a great car for me
By benbabe on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've been driving my Toro pretty hard over the past five years. Its even been banged up thrice. Yet it never stops being a fantastic car for me. Ten years old and exterior looks brand new. Inside is a bit worn, but still as comfortable as a lazyboy. It has been 100% reliable for me and performs very well. The car will let you know if anything is wrong. Big thumbs up.

tornado
By rayjay55 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

This is a superior car-------I have 162,000 miles on it and it performs flawlessly.

Trofeo rating
By lilbrat on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I have had two of these cars over the last nine years and I have no complaints. I will hate to ever have to get rid of this car. It has been very reliable, just maintance and If I get rid of it, I am so spoiled to a nice car that I will have to look at a cadalliac