1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Toronado model:
DONT SELL IT CHEAP A TORONADO LOVER WILL PAY ANYTHING TO HAVE ONE AGAIN OR GET ONE
By crocodile2 on 03/24/11 19:18 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have a 91 toronado from north carolina with 126,000 miles on it which is nothing i have seen other GM cars with the same engine and tranny go literally a million miles + as taxis! you know they get beat and very little maintenance. it has the digital instrument panel which is awesome to look at and full of features that even 90% of owners dont even know are there its secret button pushing that gets em out. it has no rust at all! it rides and performs like a dream. the seats are perfect the kind you dont want to get out of once your planted. the style of the body is on a scale of 1 to 10 is definitly 20 it looks like a futuristic thunderbird from way back. rare car in high demand! i loveit

It's Been A Great First Car
By Melissa Green on 12/05/09 11:01 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

My grandfather had given me this car as a gift, before he passed away. I love it, partially because of the sentimental value attached to and also because it's a great car to drive. Got it with 48,000 miles and currently have 107,000. Great touch screen display, and I love all of the cool vehicle sensors. The only complaint I have is that my luck with weird vehicle malfunctions is not the best. I have had three major problems with this car, all rare and all expensive. I'll probably be selling it soon, and hopefully can find it a good home to someone who appreciates the car.

Best Car
By William on 05/05/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I own a 1991 oldsombile toronado. My grandfather bought the car new as a cruiser car in lower Michigan. Still no rust. The car stored in garage for 8 years. And runs like a champ. I have put 3 computers in te car because it would not shift correctly and the instrument panal was malfunctioning. I got the car from my dad with 90,000 miles and now it has 118,000. I have not ever got in the car and had it not start I say it is one of the most reliable cars you can own. Plus it looks super cool with chrome rims. The cost to fix this car is pricey because of the rarity but it is worth it.

first car
By Austin on 03/17/09 12:20 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe 2dr Coupe

this was my first car and I believe it's the perfect first car. absolutely no rust which is incredible since the car has spent it's entire life in Iowa. bought it with 106,000 miles on it and it now sits at 126,000 on it. no problems at all. love the luxuries like the air suspension and the computer system. everyone loves to play with the joy-stick controlled power seats. car is amazing and it will be my little sisters first car too. would reccomend to anyone who wants a car that will never die on them.

Outstanding vehicle
By ohill on 09/16/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I have wanted one of these cars since the were first introduced in 1989-90. It is a car that people say, "what is that?" and i love it. Its touchscreen computer is awesome and it glides so smoothly down the highway. the only fault is that it was built 17 years ago and fuel economy is not that great in references to prices today. Nevertheless, it still looks good and the leather is not torn. You may own a TROFEO if you are a real American Car enthusiast as I am.

Revenge of the Tornado
By perry on 08/13/05 01:47 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I love my '91 Oldsmobile Toronado. This vehicle is in the raw when it comes to the capabilities of what can be done with doctoring one up and that's exactly what ive done. The interior design is pretty much the same, except for the old cloth head liner, I had it replaced with leather and had some silver tribal work embroidered into it as well as the front and rear seats. The carpets are black, trying to stay somewhat close to original in color. The steering wheel is an alloy that is made in the symbol of the iron cross from West Coast. the rims have been machined to match. the engine is in top shape and is extremely strong. The windows are as black as the car itself which has ghost flames.

Toronado Power
By biznill on 12/06/04 18:23 PM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I love the car, although it gives me horrible gas mileage. Love all the extra toys, and my passenger loves playing with the 15 way power passenger seat. Radio is awesome! I can hear the music from a block away!

Best car ever!
By Igzy on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe Trofeo 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 100,000 miles on it. Put on another 100,000 miles with only changing a power brake motor, a battery and both ball joints (this is besides the standard items like brakes, tires, tune ups, etc.). I installed a B&M shift kit for firmer shifting and K&N filter. Car is on the heavier side due to the touring chasis but feels very good on highway and while cornering at high speeds. Body had no rust even after 12 years in Canada and with winter driving. Still has its original paint. I refresh it once in a while with the same color wax. Rebuilt the engine and _all_ accessories on it at 200,000 miles. Trany is still original and working perfectly.