Used 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado - Consumer Reviews

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

View reviews for a specific Toronado model:

It's Been A Great First Car
By Melissa Green

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

My grandfather had given me this car as a gift, before he passed away. I love it, partially because of the sentimental value attached to and also because it's a great car to drive. Got it with 48,000 miles and currently have 107,000. Great touch screen display, and I love all of the cool vehicle sensors. The only complaint I have is that my luck with weird vehicle malfunctions is not the best. I have had three major problems with this car, all rare and all expensive. I'll probably be selling it soon, and hopefully can find it a good home to someone who appreciates the car.

Touch screen with modern amenities like Climate Control, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Leather Interior.

I wish this car was around long enough for GM to fix some of the bugs, such as the CD Player and problems that can occur with the VIC (Visual Information Center)

Outstanding vehicle
By ohill

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I have wanted one of these cars since the were first introduced in 1989-90. It is a car that people say, "what is that?" and i love it. Its touchscreen computer is awesome and it glides so smoothly down the highway. the only fault is that it was built 17 years ago and fuel economy is not that great in references to prices today. Nevertheless, it still looks good and the leather is not torn. You may own a TROFEO if you are a real American Car enthusiast as I am.

Touchscreen computer and intergrated radio.

Fuel economy

Revenge of the Tornado
By perry

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I love my '91 Oldsmobile Toronado. This vehicle is in the raw when it comes to the capabilities of what can be done with doctoring one up and that's exactly what ive done. The interior design is pretty much the same, except for the old cloth head liner, I had it replaced with leather and had some silver tribal work embroidered into it as well as the front and rear seats. The carpets are black, trying to stay somewhat close to original in color. The steering wheel is an alloy that is made in the symbol of the iron cross from West Coast. the rims have been machined to match. the engine is in top shape and is extremely strong. The windows are as black as the car itself which has ghost flames.

Toronado Power
By biznill

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I love the car, although it gives me horrible gas mileage. Love all the extra toys, and my passenger loves playing with the 15 way power passenger seat. Radio is awesome! I can hear the music from a block away!

Radio, power everything, looks,

gas mileage.

Best car ever!
By Igzy

Bought the car with 100,000 miles on
it. Put on another 100,000 miles with
only changing a power brake motor, a
battery and both ball joints (this is
besides the standard items like brakes,
tires, tune ups, etc.). I installed a
B&M shift kit for firmer shifting and
K&N filter. Car is on the heavier side
due to the touring chasis but feels
very good on highway and while
cornering at high speeds. Body had no
rust even after 12 years in Canada and
with winter driving. Still has its
original paint. I refresh it once in a
while with the same color wax. Rebuilt
the engine and _all_ accessories on it
at 200,000 miles. Trany is still
original and working perfectly.

Love the unique looks (Italian design), load leveling, engine power with 4 adults in the car, touch screen display, leather, sound, comfort, huge trunk, reliability (never left me on the road).

You can never have enough of engine power :-) a supercharger would be a nice addition. GM could have made a few more in subsequent years...