1991 Oldsmobile Toronado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Toronado model:
It's Been A Great First Car
By Melissa Green on 12/05/09 11:01 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

My grandfather had given me this car as a gift, before he passed away. I love it, partially because of the sentimental value attached to and also because it's a great car to drive. Got it with 48,000 miles and currently have 107,000. Great touch screen display, and I love all of the cool vehicle sensors. The only complaint I have is that my luck with weird vehicle malfunctions is not the best. I have had three major problems with this car, all rare and all expensive. I'll probably be selling it soon, and hopefully can find it a good home to someone who appreciates the car.

Outstanding vehicle
By ohill on 09/16/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I have wanted one of these cars since the were first introduced in 1989-90. It is a car that people say, "what is that?" and i love it. Its touchscreen computer is awesome and it glides so smoothly down the highway. the only fault is that it was built 17 years ago and fuel economy is not that great in references to prices today. Nevertheless, it still looks good and the leather is not torn. You may own a TROFEO if you are a real American Car enthusiast as I am.

Revenge of the Tornado
By perry on 08/13/05 01:47 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I love my '91 Oldsmobile Toronado. This vehicle is in the raw when it comes to the capabilities of what can be done with doctoring one up and that's exactly what ive done. The interior design is pretty much the same, except for the old cloth head liner, I had it replaced with leather and had some silver tribal work embroidered into it as well as the front and rear seats. The carpets are black, trying to stay somewhat close to original in color. The steering wheel is an alloy that is made in the symbol of the iron cross from West Coast. the rims have been machined to match. the engine is in top shape and is extremely strong. The windows are as black as the car itself which has ghost flames.

Toronado Power
By biznill on 12/06/04 18:23 PM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I love the car, although it gives me horrible gas mileage. Love all the extra toys, and my passenger loves playing with the 15 way power passenger seat. Radio is awesome! I can hear the music from a block away!

Best car ever!
By Igzy on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 100,000 miles on it. Put on another 100,000 miles with only changing a power brake motor, a battery and both ball joints (this is besides the standard items like brakes, tires, tune ups, etc.). I installed a B&M shift kit for firmer shifting and K&N filter. Car is on the heavier side due to the touring chasis but feels very good on highway and while cornering at high speeds. Body had no rust even after 12 years in Canada and with winter driving. Still has its original paint. I refresh it once in a while with the same color wax. Rebuilt the engine and _all_ accessories on it at 200,000 miles. Trany is still original and working perfectly.