Used 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Toronado model:

DONT SELL IT CHEAP A TORONADO LOVER WILL PAY ANYTHING TO HAVE ONE AGAIN OR GET ONE
By crocodile2

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

I have a 91 toronado from north carolina with 126,000 miles on it which is nothing i have seen other GM cars with the same engine and tranny go literally a million miles + as taxis! you know they get beat and very little maintenance. it has the digital instrument panel which is awesome to look at and full of features that even 90% of owners dont even know are there its secret button pushing that gets em out. it has no rust at all! it rides and performs like a dream. the seats are perfect the kind you dont want to get out of once your planted. the style of the body is on a scale of 1 to 10 is definitly 20 it looks like a futuristic thunderbird from way back. rare car in high demand! i loveit

digital instrument panel, driver and passenger full control captain seats, automatic leveling rear suspension, and oooh the body is a work of art!

GM should come out with a upgraded computer for the engine and instrument panel. A rear wing from some aftermarket company. A convertible kit!

It's Been A Great First Car
By Melissa Green

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

My grandfather had given me this car as a gift, before he passed away. I love it, partially because of the sentimental value attached to and also because it's a great car to drive. Got it with 48,000 miles and currently have 107,000. Great touch screen display, and I love all of the cool vehicle sensors. The only complaint I have is that my luck with weird vehicle malfunctions is not the best. I have had three major problems with this car, all rare and all expensive. I'll probably be selling it soon, and hopefully can find it a good home to someone who appreciates the car.

Touch screen with modern amenities like Climate Control, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Leather Interior.

I wish this car was around long enough for GM to fix some of the bugs, such as the CD Player and problems that can occur with the VIC (Visual Information Center)

Best Car
By William

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

I own a 1991 oldsombile toronado. My grandfather bought the car new as a cruiser car in lower Michigan. Still no rust. The car stored in garage for 8 years. And runs like a champ. I have put 3 computers in te car because it would not shift correctly and the instrument panal was malfunctioning. I got the car from my dad with 90,000 miles and now it has 118,000. I have not ever got in the car and had it not start I say it is one of the most reliable cars you can own. Plus it looks super cool with chrome rims. The cost to fix this car is pricey because of the rarity but it is worth it.

the style is unbeatable along with the perfect match of a mid sized personal luxury coupe with a 3800 V6. this car has had heads turning at me since i got it. really space futuristic looking. the leather adn interior style just screams class class class. flip closed headlights are great too.

The doors are terribly heavy I have to open them for lady guests. And it can be hard to get used to all the electronics but after you have the car you learn to love the diagnostic computer.

first car
By Austin

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

this was my first car and I believe it's the perfect first car. absolutely no rust which is incredible since the car has spent it's entire life in Iowa. bought it with 106,000 miles on it and it now sits at 126,000 on it. no problems at all. love the luxuries like the air suspension and the computer system. everyone loves to play with the joy-stick controlled power seats. car is amazing and it will be my little sisters first car too. would reccomend to anyone who wants a car that will never die on them.

reliability

doors are heavy

Outstanding vehicle
By ohill

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I have wanted one of these cars since the were first introduced in 1989-90. It is a car that people say, "what is that?" and i love it. Its touchscreen computer is awesome and it glides so smoothly down the highway. the only fault is that it was built 17 years ago and fuel economy is not that great in references to prices today. Nevertheless, it still looks good and the leather is not torn. You may own a TROFEO if you are a real American Car enthusiast as I am.

Touchscreen computer and intergrated radio.

Fuel economy