1990 Oldsmobile Toronado 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Toro=muscle- nado=speak

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Coupe - Consumer Review

Toro=muscle- nado=speak
By Muscle Talk on

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

Awesome car, I first experienced a Toronado as a pedestrian when I was 10 in 1968. I said I would have one some day and now I do. A Ford dealer had this slated for a demolition derby. The body was in good shape and it was undercoated. The K frame was coming apart and was repaired with u-bolts and high carbon steel, stronger now than OEM. Replaced the struts, windsheld, etc. Had it for a run on the highway, its getting 35 mpg on a 25 mile loop, at 55 mph. Just gets better with distance. Fast too 0-60 in about 4 secs. Cranberry color with silver trim, I painted the wheels/side trim in gloss gold and it's so sharp I gotta wear shades.

Favorite Features

Overdrive, ride, sound system, reliabilty. Front wheel drive, I'm 6'2 and plenty of room. Power seat, windows, plenty of trunk cargo. Power mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Better circuitry for isolation of parasitic battery drain. Stronger frame welds and beefier rails. Can do without power locks.