1990 Oldsmobile Toronado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Toronado model:
1990 Toronado Brougham
By Stormhawk on 01/02/09 18:00 PM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

I bought this car two years ago with 32K miles on it. It was owned by two elderly sisters and they upgraded to a convertible and traded the Toronado. It's been a great car, fun to drive, good gas mileage, extremely comfortable and good looking, and definitely unique. Maintenenance has been easy, the only problems have been related to age, not poor design. The only major things that were replaced were the electronic dash, tires, a few sensors on the motor and hood struts.

Toro=muscle- nado=speak
By Muscle Talk on 11/04/08 22:10 PM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

Awesome car, I first experienced a Toronado as a pedestrian when I was 10 in 1968. I said I would have one some day and now I do. A Ford dealer had this slated for a demolition derby. The body was in good shape and it was undercoated. The K frame was coming apart and was repaired with u-bolts and high carbon steel, stronger now than OEM. Replaced the struts, windsheld, etc. Had it for a run on the highway, its getting 35 mpg on a 25 mile loop, at 55 mph. Just gets better with distance. Fast too 0-60 in about 4 secs. Cranberry color with silver trim, I painted the wheels/side trim in gloss gold and it's so sharp I gotta wear shades.

'til death do us part
By oldsfan on 06/06/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

The Toronado is truly one of the great ones from Oldsmobile. I've owned the car from a pup and it now has over 171,000 miles. The 3800 V6 is strong as can be and never has given any problems. This car was way ahead of its time and is still a pleasure to drive. It is one of the best cars I've owned.

Great Car
By HoustonAstrosFan on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I have had a great experience with this car, i hardly have any problems with it, and i have 215,000 plus miles with it. I put a flowmaster in it and it sounds GREAT!

1990 Trofeo Rocks!
By BrockB on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

I bought the car with 104,000 miles and it now has 195,000. The only problem I ever had was that the a/c compressor froze and had to be replaced. The car still runs perfect and I will keep it but I just bought a 1992 Trofeo and 94,000 miles just so that I can get another of these great cars while they're still able to be found. If you can find one, buy it, 1992 was the last year.

I love her
By gertgert on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

What can I say? She has over $150K and still screams. I can throw her into the curves and she just hugs the road. I love her and much as my dog. she's a bit tired and the level ride cut out butr there are plenty of used parts out there - but they aren't cheap. She's a classic beauty and is everything I could want in a car.

2 Dr Trofeo Coupe
By Barney2 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

This was a car ahead of its time.

The Best Used Car On The Planet
By Ron G on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is flawless, I now see why Olds quit making them as this car would have put them out of business....

my 90 toro
By edgy on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Toronado 2dr Coupe

I cant seem to part with this car. Have had 3 new cars since the toro and none can compare with ride, comfort, and performance that hasn't gotten the least bit sluggish. I bought this used in '95 and since then replaced a starter, crank sensor, and electronic dash. Toros are notorious for electronic dash problems. I replaced mine myself for $150. Simple task.