Used 2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:

Used Silhouette
By stacyo330

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this minivan with 59,600 miles on it. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I was impressed with the thoughtful ergonomics and comfortable seating and vantage point. My wife and I test drove a Chrysler Town & Country and both felt we had a better command of the road visually in the Silhouette. It also didn't rock side to side as much as the T&C. I have the premier gold edition, it's like my Dad's Cadillac Deville in a minivan. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. The storage is awesome, power side doors, auxillary air inflator are you kidding me! GM should have tossed out Pontiac first, and kept making this gem.

Favorite Features

See above

Suggested Improvements

Stow and Go seating

The people mover
By ataur

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van for business purposes, because of it's design. The ride is fantastic and comfort is at par with some of the major luxury brands, it isn't known as "the Cadillac of Minivans" for no reason. Americans can never get their computer systems right, and that became apparent when the ABS, Traction control systems failed. I don't have time to go to dealership to fix it, and even if I took it to the dealership, these sound like expensive repairs. Will just have to buy a new vehicle soon. Great for traveling in, highly recommend this car, if you go on a lot of trips, good gas mileage on the highway, horrible in city.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, rims, look, heated seats, power memory seats, quad captains chairs, dvd-entertainment, dual power sliding doors!

Suggested Improvements

Computer fix, and more power for the engine with better performance and efficiency!

This van has been awesome!!
By Chad

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this van new in Jan 2004 and have had it 4+ years now and it has 83,000 miles. All that we have had to do is replace the wheel bearing and brakes. For a van which was supposedly unreliable, my wife and I have had no problems. We have taken it on every vacation and it avg's 24- 25 mpg at 70-75 mph with full loads and 3 kids. It still sparkles when washed and waxed. Lots of room and plenty of room to store luggage when traveling. The interior is easy to clean and seats are very comfy even in back. Lots of storage compartments for those carry along toys. Sorry to see Olds no longer is in business because we'd buy another.

Favorite Features

Easy to read gauges, Great MPG, easy access to rear seats. Seats are very comfortable and it has a TON of storage.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights come on when windshield wipers are in use and all the time anyway. Automatic rear hatch release would be nice. Tinted side windows would be nice.

Silhouette
By summerdude3283

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car wasn't a very good car. It broke down twice during a two year period. Its not very reliable and is bad. It wasn't very safe when i got into a car accident because it killed my cousin that was in the front right passenger seat.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Any thing and everything has to be fixed

The best mini van on the road
By EILEEN

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many Olds Silhouette's. They are the best mini vans around. I keep hoping that they will continue to be produced. GM should add the Silhouette to another line ie: Cadillac Mini Van. WHATEVER JUST KEEP MAKING IT!! They ride like a car not a truck like the other models.

Favorite Features

The van rides great. It is not tiney like others. The interior design is set perfectly for driver convenience.

Suggested Improvements

Keep making the Silhouette