2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:
Used Silhouette
By stacyo330 on 05/30/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this minivan with 59,600 miles on it. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I was impressed with the thoughtful ergonomics and comfortable seating and vantage point. My wife and I test drove a Chrysler Town & Country and both felt we had a better command of the road visually in the Silhouette. It also didn't rock side to side as much as the T&C. I have the premier gold edition, it's like my Dad's Cadillac Deville in a minivan. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. The storage is awesome, power side doors, auxillary air inflator are you kidding me! GM should have tossed out Pontiac first, and kept making this gem.

The people mover
By ataur on 08/22/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van for business purposes, because of it's design. The ride is fantastic and comfort is at par with some of the major luxury brands, it isn't known as "the Cadillac of Minivans" for no reason. Americans can never get their computer systems right, and that became apparent when the ABS, Traction control systems failed. I don't have time to go to dealership to fix it, and even if I took it to the dealership, these sound like expensive repairs. Will just have to buy a new vehicle soon. Great for traveling in, highly recommend this car, if you go on a lot of trips, good gas mileage on the highway, horrible in city.

This van has been awesome!!
By Chad on 04/16/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this van new in Jan 2004 and have had it 4+ years now and it has 83,000 miles. All that we have had to do is replace the wheel bearing and brakes. For a van which was supposedly unreliable, my wife and I have had no problems. We have taken it on every vacation and it avg's 24- 25 mpg at 70-75 mph with full loads and 3 kids. It still sparkles when washed and waxed. Lots of room and plenty of room to store luggage when traveling. The interior is easy to clean and seats are very comfy even in back. Lots of storage compartments for those carry along toys. Sorry to see Olds no longer is in business because we'd buy another.

Silhouette
By summerdude3283 on 11/26/04 14:20 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car wasn't a very good car. It broke down twice during a two year period. Its not very reliable and is bad. It wasn't very safe when i got into a car accident because it killed my cousin that was in the front right passenger seat.

The best mini van on the road
By EILEEN on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many Olds Silhouette's. They are the best mini vans around. I keep hoping that they will continue to be produced. GM should add the Silhouette to another line ie: Cadillac Mini Van. WHATEVER JUST KEEP MAKING IT!! They ride like a car not a truck like the other models.

2nd time around
By Scanlon on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I put 98000 miles on a 1988 Silhouette and didn't think twice about purchasing another one. I wish GM would of taken another brand out of production.

Great AWD
By mplsjt on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle handles very well and provides reasonable gas economy. Excellant travel vehicle with room to spare.

Hello
By Mid South Morgage on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You would not belive the get up and go this van has but it will. I love this van and i would buy anthor modle as soon as Oldsmobille comes out with one.

Sorry It Is Discontinued
By Hoffmann on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2004 Oldsmobile Silhouete is our fifth one. We have always loved it. We have taken previous models on cross county trips with elderly parents in their mid 80's. With the second row captain's sets, not one of us ever suffered a backache. The long-trip mileage is actually very good for a vehicle this size, fully loaded with passengers,luggage and the air conditioning running -- over 27 mpg.

Love our Silhoutte
By GMBonnett on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have really like our Silhoutte. We have had 2 months now and are very happy with the many options. Better gas mileage than I imagined