2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:
My favorite mini van
By Fred Hegner on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Olds mini van we have owned. The first was a 1990 which was given to our son when it reached 135,000. By the way the 1990 now has about 150,000 and is still going strong. The 2002 has been improved in every way except the body pannels are not as ding or dent proof as were the plastic pannels on the 1990. The All Wheel Drive feature has proven to be worth the extra cost especially this winter.

Great Mini Van
By iamgene on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Van has a lot of room, and many features. It has 2 side sliding doors. The one on the passengers side opens by remotly by switch on key remote,or 2 panel switches in side of vechicle. I wish I would have paid for drivers side sliding door to open remotely too. Vehicle handles very well in the snow with traction guard. A radio,CD, Tape Player /with head phones so you dont have to listen to the kids music they have headphones in the back seat, and they can listen TapePlayer CD or Radio seperatly from you.You have to check this vechicle if you plan on buying a mini van. I am glad I did There are still too many standard features for me to list.

A Living Room on Wheels
By gnlhall on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What a great family car. We use our Silhouette for many long trips and it can't be beat. We enjoy the DVD system, CD Changer, great Captain's Chairs and the abundance of room. Oh yeah, we don't need to stop much for gas as we routinely get 24-25 mpg on the hwy which gets us close to 600 miles on a tank of gas. A winner!

Luxury at a great price
By artgpo on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Since GM was practically donating this van, i.e $500 cash rebate, $843 leather interior rebate, zero down, 0% for 60 months with no payment for 90 days, we decided to look. The Montana was nice but the Silhouette is classy. As a further inducement, Olds, which is closing shop, is giving a 60/60,000, zero deductible GM bumper to bumper extended warranty.. If you opt not to take the warranty you get and additional $1,000! I bought the van for $1,000 under the invoice price as computed here on Edmunds. Once I have sufficient driving experience I'll comment more.

Ellegant
By Clete on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Good handling, smooth ride, and great fuel mileage. Engine power very adequate, but too noisy upon acceleration. Exterior and interior styling are tops.

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premier
By Chris S. on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You will not find a nicer interior in a minivan. It is very similar to a Cadillac inside. It was voted the 2001 Truck/SUV interior of the year. The DVD entertainment system is EXCELLENT. It has the new 16X9 format screen, infrared wireless headsets with two channels. This unit is nicely intergrated into the vans audio system. I was also impressed that the third row bench was leather not plasic covered like other brands.