Used 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:

The Best Vehicle Ever
By buzymom

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first van we have ever purchased. With that said its been a joy to own, drive and haul kids in! I can't understand why they dont make them anymore. I would definitely buy another one without a doubt!

Leather seats (heated), entertainment package, surplus of cup holders!

Start making them again!

A Great Mini Van
By Sandra Huffman

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Silhouette Mini Van has served us well. It has been great on vacation's and every day driving. It is very comfortable and roomy. Enough room for all my family, plus grandkid's. We just love it. We bought the van new. We get good gas mileage and it handles well. I definitely would recommend it , if you can find one, as they are no longer being built.

Leather & heated seats. All the extra perk's, such as all power seat's and top of the line interior gadget's to make a drive enjoyable. A very comfortable ride. Everyone agrees in our family.

Fantastic Van
By Priano Family

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I sell new Chevrolets, but am on a used vehicle budget, so when it was time to get a vehicle, after having driven a new Chevy Uplander for the summer, I decided an Oldsmobile Silhouette was the perfect vehicle to go with. Its comfort features like memory seats and dual-zone front A/C coupled with 16" chrome wheels, fog lights (hey, a minivan CAN look cool), heated leather seats, DVD w/wireless headphones, 6-disc CD changer make the Silhouette Premiere a fantastic choice. I wanted another SUV, but you just can't beat the fuel mileage, passenger/cargo space (room for 7 including a lot of cargo room), amazing ride comfort and carlike handling. Overall this is a very impressive van!

The heated leather seats, driver memory settings, CD Changer, DVD player, chrome wheels, dual power sliding doors, rear parking aid, fog lights, dual-zone front A/C, OnStar. The list goes on. This van is great for traveling!

Give it a split 60/40 third row seat. That's about it.

A great choice
By Weller

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very enjoyable to own and drive with around town mileage around 22 to 23 mpg, equal to or better than what we got with our previoys Oldsmobile LS sedan. Over the road we get about 28 to 29 mpg, about 2 mpg less than with our previous olds LS sedan, a 1997 model. We hope GM continues to produce this kind of a car for our next purchase with equal or hopefully even better gas economy!

We love all the features, in particular the seating comfort, great for old timers to enter, ride and exit with ease. Power/heated driver & passenger seats and memory driver seat. Great space for "stuff" when we head south. We really enjoy the feeling of safety we have with OnStar.

Wheel caps, center rings, are easily damaged and we lost one after a rotation and balance. In addition we have lost a couple of lug nut caps for the same reason. The cover and the nut caps were replaced but the replacement costs were too high! Even better gas economy.

Works like a Truck
By Carol P

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van..didn't think I would but I do...It's 'the' car when a group of us go out to dinner so we can all be together...and (with the rear seat out) it hauls anything I need it to from furniture to my 2 golden retreivers...and 10 feet of pvc pipe too!

Space...won't buy a car again. I can use this van like a truck, or it can be our 'Country Cadillac'

Locking glove box for sure...Guess they're not making it any longer, so I'll be getting a Buick Terrazza next time..Chevy & Pontiac(although they say it comes off the same line) just aren't as nice..too 'cheapy' feeling for me