2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:
yikes
By sklieves on 02/12/11 10:18 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

replaced the motor twice, eats tires its getting old over 200,000 miles worked great in its younger days the door stink, they never want to shut

After 7 years
By NPiper on 08/27/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After having this van for 7 years, it has been a great van. However, now everything is starting to go - one thing at a time. It's nickle and diming me to death now. Short term, great auto - long term - don't think I'd by another one. The middle bucket seats are great for road trips. The back bench seat isn't that comfy, but we are never back there anyway. The back has lots of room.

Bought as a program car in 2004
By Richard on 08/26/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful van. City MPG is 24 at 94,000 miles. Hwy MPG is 27-28 at 65-70 MPH with air running. Only problem was rear brake cylinders leaking at 68,000. Has been serviced regular.

Old Reliable
By js on 04/14/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've been hard on this car; regular oil changes, but that's it. At 185,000, I can say it has never not started, even though we live in the Midwest with harsh winters and it's not always garage-kept. It only died one time when the alternator went out at 175,000 miles, and I had a full day's warning with the battery light flashing, so I was pulling into the driveway when it died. The interior is very comfortable and well-designed. It has very low highway noise. I trust it and would definitely buy another one.

WOW WHAT A GREAT VAN
By Scott on 07/27/09 02:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have to say that Oldsmobile did a great job on this van . This is the best van that i have ever had it drives like a car and rides even better .If your looking for a nice van look at the Oldsmobile i bet you will buy it there great vans .I like all the room it has and all the nice things it has on it and the gas mileage is great .

The Best Vehicle Ever
By buzymom on 02/10/08 20:35 PM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first van we have ever purchased. With that said its been a joy to own, drive and haul kids in! I can't understand why they dont make them anymore. I would definitely buy another one without a doubt!

A Great Mini Van
By Sandra Huffman on 10/31/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Silhouette Mini Van has served us well. It has been great on vacation's and every day driving. It is very comfortable and roomy. Enough room for all my family, plus grandkid's. We just love it. We bought the van new. We get good gas mileage and it handles well. I definitely would recommend it , if you can find one, as they are no longer being built.

Fantastic Van
By Priano Family on 03/26/06 12:59 PM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I sell new Chevrolets, but am on a used vehicle budget, so when it was time to get a vehicle, after having driven a new Chevy Uplander for the summer, I decided an Oldsmobile Silhouette was the perfect vehicle to go with. Its comfort features like memory seats and dual-zone front A/C coupled with 16" chrome wheels, fog lights (hey, a minivan CAN look cool), heated leather seats, DVD w/wireless headphones, 6-disc CD changer make the Silhouette Premiere a fantastic choice. I wanted another SUV, but you just can't beat the fuel mileage, passenger/cargo space (room for 7 including a lot of cargo room), amazing ride comfort and carlike handling. Overall this is a very impressive van!

A great choice
By Weller on 06/06/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very enjoyable to own and drive with around town mileage around 22 to 23 mpg, equal to or better than what we got with our previoys Oldsmobile LS sedan. Over the road we get about 28 to 29 mpg, about 2 mpg less than with our previous olds LS sedan, a 1997 model. We hope GM continues to produce this kind of a car for our next purchase with equal or hopefully even better gas economy!

Works like a Truck
By Carol P on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van..didn't think I would but I do...It's 'the' car when a group of us go out to dinner so we can all be together...and (with the rear seat out) it hauls anything I need it to from furniture to my 2 golden retreivers...and 10 feet of pvc pipe too!