2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:
This car is a treasure!
By voodoolilly on 02/10/12 09:02 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my Town N Country but It kept having mechanical issues. It's style was what drew me. Recently I purchased a silluette and have found all the features love in the TnC without mechanical problems.

100K and no problems
By 2002 Olds Minivan on 07/25/10 09:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am the original owner of 2002 old minvian. I just made it 99,700 miles and decided to sell it and buy a 2008 Chrysler T&C. I basically had zero problems with the minivan and it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. On the way home from the Chrysler dealership after purchasing my 2008 T&C with 15,000 it started making brake noise. Had to replace front/rear pads/rotors and they also replaced the battery. I know GM takes a lot of grief but in my experience their quality has been very good.

Very Unreliable!
By Angie on 03/02/10 11:37 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had continuous repairs that had to be done. Air compressor leaked causing no airconditioner-$3k for repairs. Rear lights always went out having to replace the fuses constantly. Front lights did not seal well even after replacing the covers so we had to replace headlights monthly alot. Sliding doors opened on their own even with vehicle turned off. Engine blew at 90k miles-$6k. Roters and wheel barrings replaced 3 times. Traction system repaired, Cd player jams when changing Cd's, constant electronic malfunctions. In an accident the van at 40mpg rolled when it hit the ditch, both sliding doors popped open during roll and all the windows busted out- extremely unsafe. Very unreliable vehicle!

problems
By pyro on 03/01/10 13:57 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ok here goes. problems. 2nd owner. Drivers seat heat has failed again. Sliding door has failed, cant find fuse. Fuse panel doesn't list location, neighter does Haynes manual. Auto leveling system stinks. keeps raising the van till it tops out. Replaced shocks and vacume lines. Only 1 set of shocks made for this turd. I have to disconnect the hose to relieve the pressure. Sensor on fuel tank has quit. Motor on rear window had to be replaced, couldnt close the window. Vehicle is noisy to drive. Very slow to heat up in the winter. Right front turn signal decides when it wants to work, replaced socket already. New front hubs, control arms. 850.00

A solid family performer.
By Troy Heist on 02/22/10 14:34 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 02' Silhouette in 07'. One of our best investments. Many options are standard on the Premier package. It is spacious and fun to drive. The entertainment package keeps the kids occupied on long trips. I would recommend this vehicle to family who needs room and family mobility with out sacrificing the higher end comforts. Leather a plus for cleaning up after kids!!

Solid Family Hauler
By Childs Van on 02/09/09 14:46 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We’ve been very happy with this van. For a family of four plus a dog, we have always had enough room for our stuff – even a canoe! Mechanically, the vehicle has been pretty consistent. Only major repair was a transmission rebuild at 60,000 miles that was covered under warranty. Now at 80,000 miles, she burns a little oil, but otherwise runs great and considered reliable. Recent 700 mile trips have proved uneventful. The interior has held up very well, the DVD and audio is still great. We’ll plan to keep our “Happy Van” for another 2-3 years for those high- capacity needs and five-plus passenger shuttles.

Great Luxury MiniVan
By Oldsman on 12/16/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from a private owner. It is a nice luxury minivan with lots of neat features. I love the dual power sliding doors and the rear parking sensor. It drives real smooth and it's been great on trips. I have the van regularly serviced and change the oil every 5000 miles and belts and hoses every 2 years. This van has been very reliable for me. I guess I'll have to look at the Buick or Chevy version when I go to replace it.

Timely Demise
By Moe on 09/05/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The van is now showing its age with having to replace the front wheel hub assemblies on both sides (very expensive). The wiring to the hubs has corroded and therefore had to be replaced (costly). The interior is flooding due to improper drainage of condensation of the A/C unit. The power of the engine is very limited compared to the imports. Have also had to replace the rear wiper motor, contacts to the power sliding doors, rear window motors. The headlight assemblies both leak considerably, causing the halogen lamps to need replacing more than necessary.

Don't Bother
By Skip on 01/19/08 07:22 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

With 2 young children, thought we HAD to have a minivan. Shouldn't have been this one. Heated seats gave up within first 3 months. Fan control resistor at 5 months. A/C condenser cracked at 70K miles. Intake gasket started leaking at 80K. Poor build quality, and the noisiest highway vehicle I've driven since my '76 K5 Blazer.

GM Should Go Bankrupt!
By Bryan on 01/19/07 15:58 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car was OK for a few months and then a long string of small failures started. Then recently the intake manifold gasket failed and almost destroyed the engine. GM has known about these bad gaskets for years and told no one. The service department secretary diagnosed my problem as soon as I walked in. The recall for the 3.4L engine would cost more than GM has in the bank, that's why they won't do it. I hope they never sell another vehicle!