Used 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:

This car is a treasure!
By voodoolilly

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my Town N Country but It kept having mechanical issues. It's style was what drew me. Recently I purchased a silluette and have found all the features love in the TnC without mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

power side doors

100K and no problems
By 2002 Olds Minivan

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am the original owner of 2002 old minvian. I just made it 99,700 miles and decided to sell it and buy a 2008 Chrysler T&C. I basically had zero problems with the minivan and it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. On the way home from the Chrysler dealership after purchasing my 2008 T&C with 15,000 it started making brake noise. Had to replace front/rear pads/rotors and they also replaced the battery. I know GM takes a lot of grief but in my experience their quality has been very good.

Very Unreliable!
By Angie

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had continuous repairs that had to be done. Air compressor leaked causing no airconditioner-$3k for repairs. Rear lights always went out having to replace the fuses constantly. Front lights did not seal well even after replacing the covers so we had to replace headlights monthly alot. Sliding doors opened on their own even with vehicle turned off. Engine blew at 90k miles-$6k. Roters and wheel barrings replaced 3 times. Traction system repaired, Cd player jams when changing Cd's, constant electronic malfunctions. In an accident the van at 40mpg rolled when it hit the ditch, both sliding doors popped open during roll and all the windows busted out- extremely unsafe. Very unreliable vehicle!

Favorite Features

Leather seats(heaters went out), many nice features when they worked like the 6 disc Cd changer, auto radio station finder when traveling, traction system, hauled a small trailer well

Suggested Improvements

constant problems with this vehicle. When the engine went out we were told of course it would and we were lucky it lasted as long as it did since all Olds Sil engines have a bad history of it. We were always scared if it would get us home and wondered what would break down next.Extremely unreliable

problems
By pyro

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ok here goes. problems. 2nd owner. Drivers seat heat has failed again. Sliding door has failed, cant find fuse. Fuse panel doesn't list location, neighter does Haynes manual. Auto leveling system stinks. keeps raising the van till it tops out. Replaced shocks and vacume lines. Only 1 set of shocks made for this turd. I have to disconnect the hose to relieve the pressure. Sensor on fuel tank has quit. Motor on rear window had to be replaced, couldnt close the window. Vehicle is noisy to drive. Very slow to heat up in the winter. Right front turn signal decides when it wants to work, replaced socket already. New front hubs, control arms. 850.00

Favorite Features

Good sound system. Comfortable to drive. Mileage is ok if you keep your foot out of it.

Suggested Improvements

Better grade of vinyl for interior. redesign wipers. Noisy. Better sound insulation. flaw in body panels at sliding door. water inside resulting in rust out.

A solid family performer.
By Troy Heist

2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 02' Silhouette in 07'. One of our best investments. Many options are standard on the Premier package. It is spacious and fun to drive. The entertainment package keeps the kids occupied on long trips. I would recommend this vehicle to family who needs room and family mobility with out sacrificing the higher end comforts. Leather a plus for cleaning up after kids!!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, dual auto doors, ability to rearange the seats. peppy engine. great ride quality. easy to drive on long trips without the driver fatigue.

Suggested Improvements

all light switches ( fog lights) should be together in one area with headlights. heated seats accidentally get bumped when drinks are in holder ( drains Battery).