Well Worth the Money Spent
By Brandy on
1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS 4dr Ext Minivan
This was purchased used with 115,000 miles. It's now at 195,000 miles. Only problems have been power sliding door resets frequently and sensor for door closed is malfunctioning, and most recently the a/c compressor "blowing out". The oil level sensor has been replaced but is still lit up after 4 yrs. Otherwise besides normal wear and tear, this has been a great van for my family. It rides smoothly on long hauls and the leather seats have really held up. 2 yrs ago we had only 2 kids, 3 dogs, and all our luggage and were comfortable to make a 1600 mile round trip from Texas to Missouri. Since it has been well maintained, I see this last many more 1000's of miles.
Favorite Features
I love the radio and cd controls on the steering wheel. The seats come out very easy for me. This van has doubled as a moving van a few times. The interior is very easy to clean.
Suggested Improvements
Since my husband and I are do-it- yourself-ers, we have both complained about the compact space to work in the motor compartment. Changing the battery and changing the spark plugs felt almost as precise as brain surgery.