Been A good one - gonna miss her
By miledriver on
1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS 4dr Ext Minivan
Bought new and always maintained. At 247,500 miles the headgasket blew. Such a shame. At 14 years old its just not worth fixing but everything about this van is in perfect condition. The paint is perfect. The leather looks brand new. Everything still works! Even the power sliding door. This van however was extremely well maintained and taken care. The only thing other than regular maintenance done was the headlamp assemblies were replaced because they turned cloudy and that only cost $35.00 per side and I changed them myself. Hate it but I guess we gonna crush it.
Favorite Features
We really loved the power sliding door. I liked the big steering wheel with the button for the A/C and radio controls. I liked the room and how the seats could be removed. It was easy to get in and out of. Leather held up GREAT!!! I mean with almost 250,000 miles and NO TEARS OR RIPS. Gas mileage was ok for the size of the van. Liked it was a 98 and had side airbags. Although they were never used it makes you feel safe.
Suggested Improvements
I have some suggestions however they quit making these vans. I would have liked to see the stow and go seating like the Chrysler and Dodge vans have now. I would have liked both doors to have been power and the rear lift gate also power. Im not sure if Silhouette offered heated seats. Mine didnt have them and I would have liked to have gotten them or had them. Heated steering wheel would have been great to but Olds no longer exists so my suggestions are in vain.