1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Spot on Oldsmobile!!
By Spot on !! on 07/22/09 13:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

When I first look at this van I didn't like it, but as time pass by i fall in love with it. We had up's and down's. i only paid 650 for it in Miami, and now I'm in San Diego. All it ask me to do is to change the old sensors (camshaft, crankshaft, oxigen sensor, and crankshaft pulley), wich are pretty easy to replace. It runs like a space machine, so silence and smooth. inside is very comfortable. We travel from Miami to South Carolina and then all the way to California with my wife and our two dogs. Plenty of room for all of us. I higly recomend this van. Like and english man said at a campground in Cali: "Spot on Oldsmobile!!"

Not a bad van
By happy on 10/21/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Not a bad van. Drivability is nice, handles well, nice power from 3800 v6 engine. Have a 151,000 and have had no major problems. Just a few sensors, EGR valve, Mass Air Flow and Throttle Position Sensor. Great gas mileage for a v6! I pull well over 20 city and almost 30 hwy!

van
By Constance Petrik on 04/05/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

We nothing but problems with this 1995 mini van. We had to have the engine rebuilt when it was five years old with 59,000 miles on it. Then in 5 years after that it blew again. Now we have a used engine and that one blew and now we have another one which seems to be ok so far. Wouldn't buy another one again.

Oldie but goodie
By Bobkat on 11/08/04 18:17 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Our family bought our 1995 Silhouette new 9 years ago and it has been a champ! The 3.8 V-6 and transmission are fantastic! We have towed boats and trailers with van without incident for years. I never liked the seats as I thought they did not have enough support for long trips - but the van is a great hauler. Now at 103,000 miles some teenager hits it hard and is probably totalled- its a sad day as we will begin our search for another van that will last as long.

Love the 3800 engine!
By icetime on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Very nice cruiser. Only regular maintenance and a recent $2000 repair have been needed. Door's shape was ill conceived. That "point" at the top has drawn blood from unsuspecting passangers on several occasions (haven't been sued yet). Seats are too low to the ground but newer models have taken care of that. Can't say enough about the ride comfort (have big comfortable leather seats) and the engine power of the 3.8. Newer models should not have gone to 3.4. I agree with other reviewer...engine and drivetrain may last to 250k miles. Here's hoping.

My merry Oldsmobile
By Mayonaise on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

We enjoyed using the van for cross country trips and local jaunts to play golf and haul plants, etc. Our next car/van must have the adjustable driver's seat, the power sliding door, the outside temperature gauge, etc. We have had costs to repair at 80,000 miles and about 95,000. We plan to keep it yet, for awhile.

A Solid Family Hauler
By James Bond on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

This van is nicely equipped, and the 3800 V6 is good for 250,000 miles. Even with 82,000 miles on it, it starts up without hesitation and runs like a top. It is comfortable for all 5 of us. The power door is a disaster - just forget about using it with power. Otherwise, a worthy family hauler.

Olds Van
By Justinkw on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

This van lasted two weeks before the power sliding door broke. From then on, the van started to fall apart. The interior shows some sportyness, though the exterior is shaped like a oddly. The back seats are fairly comfortable, but the three in a row single seats limits room for porky people. I recommend not buying this van, because of reliability problems.

Nice car!!
By Mandersn on 03/01/02 00:31 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

THis car has been pretty good. I've read only a few bad reviews on them and I think it's the owner's fault for not maintaining and taking car of them. I've only had to take this car in the shop TWICE in 91000 miles....not bad!! I've been happy with it.