Used 1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

Spot on Oldsmobile!!
By Spot on !!

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

When I first look at this van I didn't like it, but as time pass by i fall in love with it. We had up's and down's. i only paid 650 for it in Miami, and now I'm in San Diego. All it ask me to do is to change the old sensors (camshaft, crankshaft, oxigen sensor, and crankshaft pulley), wich are pretty easy to replace. It runs like a space machine, so silence and smooth. inside is very comfortable. We travel from Miami to South Carolina and then all the way to California with my wife and our two dogs. Plenty of room for all of us. I higly recomend this van. Like and english man said at a campground in Cali: "Spot on Oldsmobile!!"

Favorite Features

Silent engine, smooth driving, and sapcious interior among others...

Suggested Improvements

Always have good tires and keep it nice and clean. She deserves it!

Not a bad van
By happy

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Not a bad van. Drivability is nice, handles well, nice power from 3800 v6 engine. Have a 151,000 and have had no major problems. Just a few sensors, EGR valve, Mass Air Flow and Throttle Position Sensor. Great gas mileage for a v6! I pull well over 20 city and almost 30 hwy!

Favorite Features

Power sliding door

Suggested Improvements

Body design

van
By Constance Petrik

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

We nothing but problems with this 1995 mini van. We had to have the engine rebuilt when it was five years old with 59,000 miles on it. Then in 5 years after that it blew again. Now we have a used engine and that one blew and now we have another one which seems to be ok so far. Wouldn't buy another one again.

Favorite Features

My favorites that the body of the van is great. So rust on the outside.

Suggested Improvements

Needed to have a better engine design

Oldie but goodie
By Bobkat

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Our family bought our 1995 Silhouette new 9 years ago and it has been a champ! The 3.8 V-6 and transmission are fantastic! We have towed boats and trailers with van without incident for years. I never liked the seats as I thought they did not have enough support for long trips - but the van is a great hauler. Now at 103,000 miles some teenager hits it hard and is probably totalled- its a sad day as we will begin our search for another van that will last as long.

Favorite Features

Plastic body - still looks brand new after nine years, and 3.8 liter V-6.

Love the 3800 engine!
By icetime

1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Very nice cruiser. Only regular maintenance and a recent $2000 repair have been needed. Door's shape was ill conceived. That "point" at the top has drawn blood from unsuspecting passangers on several occasions (haven't been sued yet). Seats are too low to the ground but newer models have taken care of that. Can't say enough about the ride comfort (have big comfortable leather seats) and the engine power of the 3.8. Newer models should not have gone to 3.4. I agree with other reviewer...engine and drivetrain may last to 250k miles. Here's hoping.

Favorite Features

Engine Power, Leather Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Moot point since most have been taken care of - new one should not have gone to 3.4 even thought gas mileage improved.