Used 1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan

View reviews for a specific Silhouette model:

Olds Van Fan
By Scott C. Voelker

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan 3dr Minivan

While the early design GM vans were ahead of their time with aerodynamic design, the rewards paid back in fuel efficiency and road handling. After 10 years, I have experience no major mechanical problems other than normal wear. The van has transported soccer babies, soccer kids and towed lightweight trailers.

Favorite Features

Easy to remove independent seven passenger seating. All seats fold and flip. Ahead of it's time in 1994.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic components could be upgraded.

Our Olds Silhouette
By Setzer

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan 3dr Minivan

In December 1994, we bought our van from an elderly couple who had bought it earlier that year. It drove great until a 5 hour trip in the hot sun made it break down. That was in 2002. We got it fixed and then in 2003 we started having problems again. The engine is going, and our mechanic said it is on it's last leg. It's 10 years old with 136,000 miles. I'm surprise that it is still running after all of these years and all of the harsh trips it has been through.

Favorite Features

I love the removable seats, the tail lights are unique, durable interior materials, great brand that we can trust.

Suggested Improvements

I know that this is before the time of 4 door minivans, but if there was a 4th door, the van would be more enjoyable.

My Silhouette Expierence
By nate j y

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan 3dr Minivan

I bought a Silhouette Oldsmobile and I enjoyed it. It help up really well in the interior and exterior. Both the interior and exterior designs are great. The Silhouette was a great van for my family, and it should be one for yours. I got a great van. There is no other van around that has the same sporty looks as ours.

Favorite Features

The seats are comfortable, and the features work well.

Suggested Improvements

I think they should make the back windows open up more. This isn't a thing just the Oldsmobile Silhouette did, all vans are like this.

Solid van
By snucky

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Special Edition 3dr Minivan

Bought the van brand new - after 9 years I have been very statisfied. Zero mechanical problems - only thing I have had to do was basic maintance (tires, brakes, LOF etc). No breakdowns vs. friends who had Cavan's. The plastic / composite body is great for Western NY winters where Rock Salt destroys car bodies. This car still looks great. The dustbuster look isn't for everyone but the areodynamics work well to provide pretty good gas mileage. Power is good (180 some horses) for a minivan. Handling is very good for a minivan.

Favorite Features

individual removable seats are great - they are light enough my wife can remove them vs. the benches in the cavans of that era. Plastic body will NEVER rust...

Suggested Improvements

Stronger suspension for better towing would be nice - it is too lightly sprung for towing any more than 1000 or so pounds.

Not worth it....
By Family Mom

1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Special Edition 3dr Minivan

I have owned many minivans and this one being on the end of the list, but not as bad as Chrysler and its tranny... See favorites and improvments.

Favorite Features

I wanted to get attention and I sure did in this van. But not the kind I was expecting... I upgraded to a 97 Aerostar AWD. I loved the seat removal capabilities!

Suggested Improvements

Vehicular Design is ugly, tranny always shifted poorly, but my wife never noticed, ride was ok for the driver/pass- but horrible for the rear pass,Low head room,driver seat IS WAY to close to the steering wheel at all times, leather felt cheap