Used 1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

Oldsmobile Silhouette
By dave vandusen

1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan 3dr Minivan

My 1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette has been a very good vehicle. It has great handling, a smooth ride, cargo flexibility and good fuel economy. Mechanically it runs great. however, it is on its 4th water pump, third radiator and I don't know why. It does have 176,000 miles on it now, things are wearing out right and left but engine keeps running well. All of the door handles have been repalced because they were poorly made. Also, the seat belts have also been replaced, who has to replace seatbelts and door handles? I never have in any other vehicle That I have owned. Replacing the starter is one of the hardest repairs I have done. Others I could not even attempt, like the intake manifold gasket. With the long nose, shouldn't there be more room under the hood to reach and repair?

Favorite Features

The air compressor in the rear, 7 captain chairs, map lights, quiet cabin, and good drivetrain power.

Suggested Improvements

Use all the dash space for something useful. Use stronger material for the door handles. Use seatbelts that last, you know like the ones used in the '70's that never wear out. Add lift out carpet pads in each seat section. Improve the seat design for long trip comfort. Use stronger materials for the window latches, plastic doesn't work.

great deal
By aztecdriver

1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan 3dr Minivan

The drive was excellent. My children wasn,t fustrated even without airconditioning. But tommorrow we will have air and they probably wants to ride all day. Im happy thier happy now we can enjoy life and a new nice veichle. Thanks Oldsmobile for all the seats five children.

Favorite Features

music, air, nice carpet and seats that are comfortable. no rolling down the windows with my hands thank god. and good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

the back needs lifting a bit. thanks

minivan
By ceccyy

1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan 3dr Minivan

very confortable for the whole family