Used 1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

i like this vehicle
By ilermmiller

1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

I had been considering another used mini van(having switched from former mini-van to smaller vehcile)and when I saw this one and briefly drove it I decided to buy(albeit it had high mileage-appeared to have been well- maintained),and if it needed repairs I would rebuild as needed for safety,dependability,and practicality and comfort;I have not been disappointed and will continue to enjoy if noting catastrophic happens to the vehcile which continues to be one of the most liked vehicle of my experience. I have always had a favorable opinion of Oldsmobiles,and this one has also pleased me.

Mini-van comfort and practicality for my business,real estate broker;design,safety,dependability,fibre glass composite body,driving visability,overall ride,comfort.

Maybe more easy to clean interior windshield,and some slightly better visibility when checking left and right traffic when entering from intersection,especially if angled traffic of ongoing traffic of road entering.

Not too bad for 1990
By futrdr

1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3dr Minivan

Only problems we had were the alternator -- replaced twice, and the black roof paint -- dealer repainted entire roof under warranty. And the expansive dash warped once, but that was replaced under warranty. Fairly fun to drive due to space-ship like styling, especially if you have a silver one. Good gas mileage.

Fun to drive, comfortable

Needed a rear A/C and steering wheel seemed to be not centered with the driver's seat