1997 Oldsmobile Regency - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
Best used car out there.
By PASeahawk on 10/23/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Regency 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 60k on the odo. It is smooth, luxurious, reliable and cuts a low profile. It cost me $3650. That is an unbelievable deal for this much car. Highlights: very good leather, much better than average American car leather. Auto-dim mirror with built in digital compass. More room than you need. Very good freeway cruiser. Lowlights: grandpa car. But that's really a highlight. Teenagers don't drive these, so they're not beat down when you buy them used. grandpas tend to have garages and change the oil and filters too. If you see a low-miles Regency used, snap it up. You'll be anonymous on the road, and you won't regret it.

1997 Olds Regency
By Larson on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Regency 4dr Sedan

I loved my Oldsmobile. It is sharp looking, and very classy in the interior. The one drawback to my thinking is that it doesn't have the greatest pickup when merging. I did have to replace a transmission, and the replacement was faulty and had to be replaced, but Olds stood behind the car and I was satisfied.

Olds commentary
By Boisebanker on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile Regency 4dr Sedan

Bought the car after a bad experience with a '97 Chrylser LHS. We enjoy the big car ride and we do a lot of road travel. This one we rebuilt the suspension with Monroe Reflex struts and it made a huge difference in handling. We get excellent gas mileage (often in the 30mpg area)but the power performance is only "ok." The trunk opening is less than desireable for a large car due to the steeply slanted rear window. This was a replacement for an '87 Olds 98 Touring Sedan that we loved, but there are few similarities other than good mileage and mechanical reliability. We are nearing 100k miles and it still seems very tight and few problems.

97 Regency
By JIMW1136 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile Regency 4dr Sedan

More fuel effecient,comfortable to drive on cross country trip than the Lincoln and Caddy I have owned. I surely miss that car.