Used 1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-eight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ninety-Eight model:

Possibly The Best Car I Ever Owned
By cimplexsounds

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

Rides comfortably, runs very, and starts without fail every time. Very good freeway car. It's more like flying an airplane than driving a car. The big V6 engine is fairly fuel efficient on the freeways, while giving plenty of power for big hills.

Favorite Features

ABS Brakes, electronic traction control with on/off switch, electric reclining seats. My has the added comfort of heated seating and a back message. A/C, heating vent in the back passenger seating area. Electronic digital air (A/C, heating) set and forget. Child safety locks in the back on both doors, electric locks and windows, window lock switch, electronic trunk and fuel door release, and automatic air shocks.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel injectors tend to have minor leak issues, better seals on fuel injectors. Better balance on front end suspension. Trunk mounted fuel pump. Better window motors. OBD 2 and USB connectors.

the Oldsie
By hnapfelnjager

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I picked up my 1995 Olds Ninety Eight from an old lady a couple of years ago for $750. It was your typical grocery-getter with just a little over 100k miles on it and had spent its winters garaged. This car has been an incredible ride and for the price it can't be beat! I drive it daily now and average about 700 miles a month and the old thing still cruises down the road like a yacht. A brilliant car!

Favorite Features

The GM 3.8L engine is practically bulletproof and gives the big boat ample power on the road. The power seats are great and can be made to fit like a glove. Trunk space is gigantic. Great reliability overall for a car near 20 years old!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little less electronic gizmos in both the interior and engine. That's my only beef with it though.

Olds ahead of its time
By Faison

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 14 years ago and I have enjoyed it very much.When I was looking, my son in law suggested we check out the Oldsmobile dealer before the looking at the Lincoln's.He is very much a "car guy" and he proceeded to point out the advanced features this car offered as standard equipment ABS brakes,dual air bags,steering wheel controls for climate and stereo auto climate with driver and passenger temp controls,outside temp readout,dual front power seats both with electric lumbar support,recline feature also,over head console with dual sunglass holders,reading lights,dual lighted vanity mirrors,rear seat adjustable vents. Bottom line a great value.Very reliable and fuel efficent.

Favorite Features

The power lumbar is very effective.The stereo has "all you need power" the road noise is very low,the steering wheel controls make temp and stereo adj easy and safe. The leather seats are very tough yet soft and confortable. 28-29 mpg on regular fuel hwy 20-22 city with a/c on.Lrg. trunk.

Suggested Improvements

larger side mirrors,will install some fimer after market shocks for the floaty ride when on rough roads.

My OldSkool Old's
By Juan Valdez8290

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

This car was literally given to me. It had been sitting for two years. Well we charged the battery, put 5 bucks in gas in the tank...and prayed. After the second attempt at cranking it over, the car started right up. It has had no problems since. I've had to replace the passenger side rear window switch, and the trunk lock was busted out when the car came into my possession so that has to be replaced. I love my car. My friends and I are currently in the process of customizing it. Plans: a new CD player, a paint job, and street effex lights. The great thing about it is, my friends love my car more than I do. They love the luxurious feel of it and the fact everyone isn't all bunched up.

Favorite Features

The stereo and climate controls on the steering wheel. The ability to lock the windows in the car so only the driver can raise or lower them. The electronic fuel door and trunk opener on dash, climate controls themselves, and the CD player. I like just about every feature on my car.

Suggested Improvements

It should have been a Chevy. Also, a V8 option would have been nicer.

Surprisingly Good
By Capdeblu

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for four years and it's surprisingly good. It's reliable and has a luxurious ride (floaty) and interior. It also gets good gas mileage, in the upper teens in the city and mid-twentys on the highway. The only problems I've had are having to replace the fuel pump and radio. This is an inexpensive alternative to a Cadillac or Lincoln. It has bling.

Favorite Features

The leather interior has held up well for an eleven year old car. So has all the luxury features.

Suggested Improvements

This is irrelevent as Olds no longer exists. But Buick or Pontiac would do no harm in making a replacement. Look at how well the Chrysler 300 is doing.