1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ninety-Eight model:
Possibly The Best Car I Ever Owned
By cimplexsounds on 11/27/12 20:16 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

Rides comfortably, runs very, and starts without fail every time. Very good freeway car. It's more like flying an airplane than driving a car. The big V6 engine is fairly fuel efficient on the freeways, while giving plenty of power for big hills.

the Oldsie
By hnapfelnjager on 02/15/12 18:16 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I picked up my 1995 Olds Ninety Eight from an old lady a couple of years ago for $750. It was your typical grocery-getter with just a little over 100k miles on it and had spent its winters garaged. This car has been an incredible ride and for the price it can't be beat! I drive it daily now and average about 700 miles a month and the old thing still cruises down the road like a yacht. A brilliant car!

Olds ahead of its time
By Faison on 05/28/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 14 years ago and I have enjoyed it very much.When I was looking, my son in law suggested we check out the Oldsmobile dealer before the looking at the Lincoln's.He is very much a "car guy" and he proceeded to point out the advanced features this car offered as standard equipment ABS brakes,dual air bags,steering wheel controls for climate and stereo auto climate with driver and passenger temp controls,outside temp readout,dual front power seats both with electric lumbar support,recline feature also,over head console with dual sunglass holders,reading lights,dual lighted vanity mirrors,rear seat adjustable vents. Bottom line a great value.Very reliable and fuel efficent.

My OldSkool Old's
By Juan Valdez8290 on 01/27/07 22:28 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

This car was literally given to me. It had been sitting for two years. Well we charged the battery, put 5 bucks in gas in the tank...and prayed. After the second attempt at cranking it over, the car started right up. It has had no problems since. I've had to replace the passenger side rear window switch, and the trunk lock was busted out when the car came into my possession so that has to be replaced. I love my car. My friends and I are currently in the process of customizing it. Plans: a new CD player, a paint job, and street effex lights. The great thing about it is, my friends love my car more than I do. They love the luxurious feel of it and the fact everyone isn't all bunched up.

Surprisingly Good
By Capdeblu on 10/06/06 23:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for four years and it's surprisingly good. It's reliable and has a luxurious ride (floaty) and interior. It also gets good gas mileage, in the upper teens in the city and mid-twentys on the highway. The only problems I've had are having to replace the fuel pump and radio. This is an inexpensive alternative to a Cadillac or Lincoln. It has bling.

Very dependable transportation
By Pechorin on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I've been extremely impressed with this vehicle--no real problems in the 16 months/20,000 miles I've had it. It delivers a consistent 25-26 mpg over my commute (which includes 2 fairly long, steep grades), has good power, is quiet and rides smoothly. It's not a FUN car to drive--floaty suspension and vague steering--and, at 28, I don't feel very "cool" in it...but it gets from A to B with no fuss.

MY OLDS REVIEW
By DON ANDERSON on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I ever owned. Its exterior dsign was outstanding. None of the present rounded off over front so it looks like all sedans today look like the are going downhill. I have had absoulutely no mechanical problems with it, and have lubed it every 3 months or 300 miles. I have used "the treatment" carnuba presoftened car wax on it ($20 a tube) since new. I t is just fun to drive period, good mileage on tne open road and plenty of "zip"

Excellent Choice
By jjlls on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

One of the best vechicles I have owned. My Regency has 178,000 miles and still consistently get 29-30 mpg. Ride and handling are superb.

Wonderful car
By Michael Portner on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

Very few mechanical problems. Some electrical issues.

Ehman's P;ds
By J. T. Ehman on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. Other than grease and oil change, the only maintenance items has been the replacement of the front wheel rotors and pads.