Used 1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ninety-Eight model:

Wish they still made 'em.
By spidey637

1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency 4dr Sedan

Paid $900 for it from a dealer with 213,000 on the clock. I was happy to find one in perfect shape from Texas with "low" miles, relatively speaking. It's been in Minnesota for the past 10 years, according to CarFax. The car is a tank. I own a '94 Olds Ciera, and the quality is worlds apart. This was there best car for this year.

AC works great because the auto climate always keeps the compressor running--unless you turn it off. The seats are divine! I have a '97 Olds Delta 88 with leather, and they do not compare at all to the Regency. The engine, although only Series I, is very torquey, and will pull you across the road effortlessly. The transmission still shifts like butter, and is not slow to kick down. The heat is like a furnace, and the dual-zone auto climate is great! The ride is as smooth as I've ever felt, but the handling is not bad at all. I have a 2004 Buick Lesabre, and that car is not as smooth, and the handling is far worse. This car floats, but you can still feel the road through the wheel!

With its age, the auto climate doesn't always want to blow hot on the passenger's side. And the blower motor doesn't always kick on. The weather strips wore out so there is wind noise. But this is expected for a car this age. I plan on going past 400,000 with this. I got 336,000 on my '93 Ciera, which had the excellent 3.3 V6, a modified version of the Series I 3.8! They should have kept the 3.3 over the 3.1, which felt much slower, and had all kinds of cooling system issues. Anyway, the Regency is a car for royalty. If you can find a good one, get it!

Great Car!
By habs71

1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Special Edition 4dr Sedan

16 years old, 87,000 miles. Got it for my niece. This car is in exceptional condition for its age. Has been in storage since the original owner passed away 2 years ago. Bought it from his son. Just can't believe the condition. Handles very well. Engine/tranny are fine. Only thing she has to do is change out the cassette for a cd player. Very well built gm car!

NIL

1994 Olds 98 Regency
By James

1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency 4dr Sedan

Great vehicle. Rides and drives like a touring car. Good milage, 27-29 mpg on the highway. Very comfortable seats. Room to spare

Radio controls and climate controls on the steering wheel.

Like it just as it is.

Good Car
By April

1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency 4dr Sedan

I am relocating across the country and I am taking this car. I knew that the minute I started to drive it! I will have it until my boyfriend and I are done with college! This car is better than most.

Cliamate control Comfortable Strong engine Lots of leg room Lots of trunk space Upgrades

Sometimes has a hard time getting it to start, so it might need a new starter or alternator. I also get about 16.5-19 mpg.

worth buying
By eric fletcher

1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for one year an highly
recomend it for anyone who spends a lot
of time on the road.