1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-eight - Consumer Reviews

1991 Ninety-Eight Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ninety-Eight model:

Sort Reviews by

1991 Olds 98 Regency Elite
By williamhoosierman

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I have owned for six years, and this is my favorite of all the vehicles I've owned or driven. The ride, handling, comfort, looks and gas mileage are excellent. If you can find one that has been well taken care of, and is in good to excellent condition, buy it. This car rides as good as or better than a Cadillac.

Suggested Improvements

None

best of the olds
By sam

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

use this car for alot of highway travels, NY to AL ,NJ, FL. never fales me. Very roomy ,most repair did myself,had some issue with computer sensor in 2008 cost around $250.oo.handle winter condition good,ac is very good. have not done much repair work. really love the my friend love it too. planning to past on to son for it last days. car the car is 18yr old and with proper maintenance it seem if it can go other 18yrs.,, nice car.

Favorite Features

roomy, 3800 6v engine, comfort seating can go to sleep no long travel,do lot repair myself(brakes,oil change etc...).drive good on snow, didn't rust easy.the 1991 year.

Suggested Improvements

bring by this type for olds.

my 1991 olds 98
By staroske1992

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

this is my first car i bought it knowing i would have to put $ into it but i've put way way more then the car will ever be worth when everything is working though its a fun car and it fits a lot of stuff in it maybe to much but the only thing that bothers me are, for me at least i have rust problems in the wheels wells that i am currently fixing and also don't like how the dash is tilted so much because i put in a new head unit and you can not see it to well but on the plus side its an easy car to work on and I've learned a lot with everything its a solid car though if everything is working well

Favorite Features

space,air suspension,original sound system was nice for a 1991 car

my 91 olds
By gord anderson

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

This car has been the most comfortable car that I have ever owned and one of the best that I have driven. When my wife and two teenage boys go on vacation we have no trouble carting all of our baggage. There is also loads of room in the car for carrying my family and parents on short trips.

Favorite Features

Rear view mirror dimming. power seats, trip computer

walts olds 98,wonderful car
By walter eichenberger

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

The best automobile i ever owned hard for me to sell this , its a great car, almost no trouible with it, good ride ,very depenable, great economy, probably best engine ever built, easy to drive ,handles well ,what more could i say about a great automobile like this, you won't be sorry you own even though its 13 years old

Favorite Features

#1 wonferful gas mileage with very little maintenance, positively never has had to add oil to engine changed oil at 3000 miles

Suggested Improvements

If your looking for a cheap running auto in great shape, this is the one

91olds98
By abc123old

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

My whole family loves oldsmobiles. I'll tell you that I believe this is the best one we got yet. It comfortable, easy to drive, and yet even though it is a luxury car, it has the get go when you need it.

Favorite Features

All the power accessories. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

better construction of the ignition system. but to bad oldsmobile isn't arround to fix them.

Nice car for big people
By MrSly

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I'm 6'7" tall. This car fits very nicely. I've had a bunch of electrical problems in the 5 years I've had it, but nothing really extreme. The ride is nice, and it has TONS of options. The only thing I'm not too impressed with is the Leather seats in the summer... But the seat warmer sure helps during the winter.

Favorite Features

CD player, adjustable seats, tape deck, seat warmer.

Suggested Improvements

Too many electrical problems.

Snaged a good one!
By JoeBuck

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I just got this car (new used)Originally it started out with 60,000 The person befor me put on 25,000 and blew the trans. I got it with another trans in it for $2500 and the only thing not working is the Information center. I think i need to take it to a service dept? Ive checked all fuses ect and nothing??? Id be abel to give a better report once the Information Center is working...

Favorite Features

All the buttons on the dash bord and the Information center (provided it was working) And ALL power seats windows ect it has power everything! AC blows u away!

Suggested Improvements

Dont stop making the Olds line! And make more like this baby! This car has Class!

Our Best
By Leneen

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

Of all the cars we have owned over the years this one rates number one. It has been the most reliable, dependable, and comfortable car we have ever had. We are the second owners and see by the records at the dealership that the previous owner took excellent care of this car as well. The odometer is just over 92,000, 60,000 of which we have put on, and never a problem.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, and the cockpit panel with all the buttons for a wide variety of items to set and/or check on.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement, if it were possible, would be a little better gas mileage. But on the freeway now it is averaging 32 mpg. 17 to 19 in town. Not bad for the size of car and luxuries.

Amazing
By Zinc

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

the car was amazing.. it handled like a dream.. drove very soft and comfortable.. would really get up and go when i wanted it to... the 3.8 v6 is a VERY solid engine.. a very reliable engine.. very reliable body.. very reliable car all around.. when my brother totaled it against a 2002 Ford F250 there wasnt much left of either vehicle but the only damage my brother had was some bruised up legs and the airbag almost broke his nose. in my opinion had he of been driving his 2001 S-10 4X4 that night instead of my car.. he wouldnt be here anymore

Favorite Features

Solid engine and VERY stable body

Suggested Improvements

the car is almost perfect