1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ninety-Eight model:
1991 Olds 98 Regency Elite
By williamhoosierman on 07/30/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I have owned for six years, and this is my favorite of all the vehicles I've owned or driven. The ride, handling, comfort, looks and gas mileage are excellent. If you can find one that has been well taken care of, and is in good to excellent condition, buy it. This car rides as good as or better than a Cadillac.

best of the olds
By sam on 11/13/09 07:25 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

use this car for alot of highway travels, NY to AL ,NJ, FL. never fales me. Very roomy ,most repair did myself,had some issue with computer sensor in 2008 cost around $250.oo.handle winter condition good,ac is very good. have not done much repair work. really love the my friend love it too. planning to past on to son for it last days. car the car is 18yr old and with proper maintenance it seem if it can go other 18yrs.,, nice car.

my 1991 olds 98
By staroske1992 on 03/06/09 11:53 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

this is my first car i bought it knowing i would have to put $ into it but i've put way way more then the car will ever be worth when everything is working though its a fun car and it fits a lot of stuff in it maybe to much but the only thing that bothers me are, for me at least i have rust problems in the wheels wells that i am currently fixing and also don't like how the dash is tilted so much because i put in a new head unit and you can not see it to well but on the plus side its an easy car to work on and I've learned a lot with everything its a solid car though if everything is working well

my 91 olds
By gord anderson on 01/01/05 21:13 PM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

This car has been the most comfortable car that I have ever owned and one of the best that I have driven. When my wife and two teenage boys go on vacation we have no trouble carting all of our baggage. There is also loads of room in the car for carrying my family and parents on short trips.

walts olds 98,wonderful car
By walter eichenberger on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

The best automobile i ever owned hard for me to sell this , its a great car, almost no trouible with it, good ride ,very depenable, great economy, probably best engine ever built, easy to drive ,handles well ,what more could i say about a great automobile like this, you won't be sorry you own even though its 13 years old

91olds98
By abc123old on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

My whole family loves oldsmobiles. I'll tell you that I believe this is the best one we got yet. It comfortable, easy to drive, and yet even though it is a luxury car, it has the get go when you need it.

Nice car for big people
By MrSly on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Touring 4dr Sedan

I'm 6'7" tall. This car fits very nicely. I've had a bunch of electrical problems in the 5 years I've had it, but nothing really extreme. The ride is nice, and it has TONS of options. The only thing I'm not too impressed with is the Leather seats in the summer... But the seat warmer sure helps during the winter.

Snaged a good one!
By JoeBuck on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

I just got this car (new used)Originally it started out with 60,000 The person befor me put on 25,000 and blew the trans. I got it with another trans in it for $2500 and the only thing not working is the Information center. I think i need to take it to a service dept? Ive checked all fuses ect and nothing??? Id be abel to give a better report once the Information Center is working...

Our Best
By Leneen on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Elite 4dr Sedan

Of all the cars we have owned over the years this one rates number one. It has been the most reliable, dependable, and comfortable car we have ever had. We are the second owners and see by the records at the dealership that the previous owner took excellent care of this car as well. The odometer is just over 92,000, 60,000 of which we have put on, and never a problem.

Amazing
By Zinc on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Touring 4dr Sedan

the car was amazing.. it handled like a dream.. drove very soft and comfortable.. would really get up and go when i wanted it to... the 3.8 v6 is a VERY solid engine.. a very reliable engine.. very reliable body.. very reliable car all around.. when my brother totaled it against a 2002 Ford F250 there wasnt much left of either vehicle but the only damage my brother had was some bruised up legs and the airbag almost broke his nose. in my opinion had he of been driving his 2001 S-10 4X4 that night instead of my car.. he wouldnt be here anymore