1997 Oldsmobile LSS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LSS model:
97 Olds LS
By deltafox on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan

Purchased car 4 years ago here in Tucson with 90,000 miles for $3000. Have driven it 45,000 miles and kept it well maintained. These cars are an outstanding value in terms of cost per mile. They are comfortable, fast and fully equipped. Fuel mileage has been 30 mpg highway and 25 city consistently with the AC running. GM parts are readily available and service/repair techs have seen them before. They're not exotic cars. Probably in these four years I've spent another 2,000 to 3,000 on tires, brakes, struts, and ordinary upkeep to accomplish those 45,000 miles. If you must have a new car there are plenty of dealers. If not there are plenty of used ones to shop. You might make a really good deal.

My overall 1997 oldsmobile lss rating
By mike mertz on 03/29/10 22:25 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan

i love this car, i heard there were only 10,000 made w/the supercharger, i wish olds was still in buisness!

Lots of car for little money
By Alex K. on 03/10/09 02:58 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Olds LSS with 94k miles on it as replacement for my trusty commuter Olds Cutlass Supreme, which died on me at 230k. I didn't really like it at first because of very soft suspension. But ones got used to, it became positive future since I commute 3 hours a day. Now I have 169k miles and car still going strong. The only problem I had with this car was AC clutch. 500 dol. and 2 days later car is back on the road and performing well. I should mention synthetic oil change every 6000 miles. And I'm getting around 28mpg on freeway. GM can build reliable, efficient, luxury cars and you can buy them cheap..

solid choice
By happy olds on 03/20/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan

we bought this as a nine year old car with only 75,000 km on it (42,000 miles). it has been a very good car with only routine maintenance and very few minor repairs ie brakes/wheel bearing etc. very good gas mileage for size of car and is comfortable to drive as well. not the most "exciting" car to look at but does look sharp when it is shined up.

Wonderful car
By tory on 08/13/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

I think this vehicle is the best car I have ever driven. I can't think of one thng that I dislike on my car. If you ever get a chance, buy one. They don't make cars like this anymore.

10 years old and and still wonderful
By LeSSter on 07/27/07 04:59 AM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

I love this car! It has never let me down. Never been towed and never fails to start and run perfectly. Safe, comfortable, and fun. Great ergonomics, everything about it is convenient. Lower insurance rates than most comparable cars.

Nice car
By ay on 04/01/06 10:06 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan

This car is a sleeper with lots of horsepower. The 3.8L V6 is a rock- solid engine. It gets great gas mileage, too.

Will not die
By Paredline on 04/03/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

We have a 97 LSS S/C just going on 160,000 miles now. Original motor, original transmission. The previous owner did not do a tuneup until 140,000 miles when we bought it. It was not maintained well but runs like new after we gave it a tuneup and replaced some parts like the thermostat and brakes.

Ultimate Sleeper
By HemiKiller on 11/10/04 01:12 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

I had looked for one of these for over a year and finally got it! This car is quite rare and is a blast to drive. It will out perform 95% of the cars out there. I've driven Mustangs that don't even come close to this speed machine. I like the combinaton of comfort, speed, and features. This car has it all and I don't feel cramped like I do in a Vette. The best thing is the sleeper affect. Its a full size sedan that looks like a typical big car. The looks an peoples faces when I smoke them is priceless. If you like speed but much rather have a big car than a sports coupe than this is for you. Heck, its faster than lots of sports coupes anyways.

Fun Car
By Old Ted on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

In 60K miles of driving we've only had to replace the fuel pump, sender unit and tires. For a car of its size, the LSS has excellent ride, handling and comfortable seating. At over 35 miles per Imperial gallon, gas mileage is also excellent for a car with this power and size. A great car.