2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Review: The Best Car I Have Ever Owned

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By Steve R. on

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I leased a 1999 GL and when GM announced the phase out of the Intrigue in 2002 with the end of Olds, we had to buy one while we still could. We got the GLS fully loaded for about $25,000. After 8 years and closing in on 200,000 miles, (not a typo), it is the best car I have ever owned, hands down. Impressive pick up for a car of that size. The 3.5L V6 with regular maintenance is as durable as they come, and still purrs like a kitten. The optional "Precision Control System" gives the car great handling, especially around curves at higher speeds, and the ride comfort is very good for a sportier car. Still getting 24/28 mpg. A great car. Too bad GM couldn't sell more of them.

Great handling with smooth and powerful acceleration. Good fuel economy given the size of the vehicle. Bose stereo gives great sound and you could fry an egg on the heated seats. Comfortable and roomy.

Front windshield on passenger side leaks in heavy rain if parked on an incline. GM could never figure out why. Gas gauge stopped working after 125,000 miles. Costs about $600 to fix. Just set the trip odometer and fill up at 300 miles. GM should have made the car as a Buick after 2002. Too bad.