2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Review: Excellent Olds!

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent Olds!
By K. Gilligan on

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a loaded up base model in a dealer end of year clearance. It is the best car I've ever had (and I usually buy Mazda, Honda or Toyota). It has the best engine ever. It's smooth, powerful, quiet and yet gets great gas mileage. This car's understated styling still gets curious onlookers. Its beefy Goodyear tires, ABS, a smooth transmission are all excellent. My only gripe is the standard GM penchant for ill fitting dashboard plastics. I have had no squeaks, rattles, or maintenance issues with my Intrigue. It has been completely reliable and has plenty of power. The suspension eats up bumps. The handling is tight, especially for a deceptively large sedan. This car easily outperforms every other car in its size/class for much less money. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Favorite Features

The engine/transmission combination is smooth and powerful. The base sound system is wonderful-full range, not the overly bass-heavy usually associated with GM. The handling, both on twisty roads and long highways are excellent. The seats are wonderful also. I love the "wallet" compartment under the dash.

Suggested Improvements

The interior trim could fit together better. Too bad this car/line is out of production.