2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
My Second Intrigue
By Bill Knox on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just took delivery of a 2002 Intrigue, my second GL and a replacement for my 1999, which I drove for about 33,000 miles. Simply put, I just could not turn down the incentives. GM is making a major mistake in not continuing this car, even in another guise (e.g., Buick or Pontiac). Improvements include more precise steering and an improved sound system, as well as a blessedly silent horn when using the remote locking system. Handling seems a tad softer, however,and the car seems to reach its side loading limits rather abruptly in sweeping turns. Gas mileage is about the same (mediocre), but the engine still provides plenty of grunt when asked, perhaps my favorite feature.

Value Purchase
By swagled on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a real bang-for-the buck vehicle. Well optioned, nice handling, and styling still competitive for a 1997 design. There are some annoying design flaws (popping sounds in the steering, flickering headlights) common to this car, but no problems in the sense of reliability. The car is very long-legged and drives quite confidently at 90MPH.

I found the right car at the wrong time
By Bill on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Finally I was behind the wheel of a car that felt right in all conditions. The comfort of the seat was great, and the leather heated seat that gave my aching back a real relief after a hard day at work, a real welcome. The handling of this car was great, ABS, Tracion control,and precision control system, is this what made this car handle so nice? The looks, it looked like a dream come true to me. A car that I wish I would have driven for years. Now that I have found MY CAR, General Motors won't make this Oldsmobile name anymore. Darn.

NEW Olds
By Ross on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this auto at a credit union sale, as a new 2000 model. Have had no problems yet has only 1000miles.

Excellent car,sad to see it go
By Sean258 on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Intrigue for 6 months and I am so glad that I bought this car. Excellent to drive. Great performance and very good looking. I like the leather seats and the cd/cassette as well as the traction control

A great sedan that has no future
By realyecat on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a pity that this model has no future. Combined with silky engine, smooth transmission, beatiful styling inside & out and great usable space, it's still the best family sedan GM has to offer. Significant body roll occurs when making quick turns, though.

My title
By Greg Schlosser on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Power steering went out but was replaced immediately. They then forgot to connect the coolant hose but this was discovered no more than 2 miles down the road and they reconnected it and topped it off. Love the style, room, and dual a/c. The engine is one of the best I have driven as far as power, but needs help in the gas milage. Feels fairly good in the corners.

Intrigue is a great car
By dindak on 03/17/02 15:24 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the biggest sleepers in mid-size sedan history. Unfortunately Oldsmobile did not promote this car properly and the Oldsmobile line will disappear in a few years. Intrigue is a wonderful sports sedan with handling, power and braking that top most cars in this class. This is the last year for Intrigue and the deals should be excellent for someone looking for something a little different.

cracked block 17000 miles NOT ABUSED
By meatball on 03/14/02 17:54 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1 service - service engine soon -- new gas cap installed 2 same problem--- new gas tank installed 3 cracked block !! 17000 miles -26 days out of service 4 Afraid to start car each day!!!

Why discontinue the Intrigue?
By Bill Hartung on 03/08/02 10:58 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I test drove the car, I was surprised at the Intrigues's engine responsiveness and smoothness, it's nimble handling, and it's useful space. I have owned many Oldsmobiles and the Intrigue is the best-balanced Oldsmobile that I have driven. The Intrigue handles as well if not better than many compact performance cars. Don't just look at the car. Test drive it! I was surprised. You may be too.