Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

2002 Olds Intrigue GL
By Tony M

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the wife's car,but I drive it occasionally. We negotiated a very good price and GM gave a $3500 rebate. I occasionally drive the car, and it is always a pleasure. It is very comfortable,handles well,plenty of power and loaded with features. This car has been rock solid reliable through 67k miles (knock on wood). The OHC engine took a little getting used to. I'm used to the classic push rod grunt off the line and then power fade at 4000 or so rpm. Exactly the opposite happens with the 3.5 OHC. Overall we are VERY pleased with the Intrigue. I am and always have been a "GM guy." It is a shame that the Olds division had to die-they were building GM's best cars.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, independent suspension, powerful V6, auto climate control

Suggested Improvements

El cheapo interior. Overboasted power steering, Why did they put the steering wheel radio control buttons there?

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By Steven Jenn

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I've had a good experience, but lately i've started to have problems with it starting right away, so far i've paid over $200 to find out whats wrong and no one can tell me anything. They suggested that it had to do with fuel pressure and they said they have had problems like that with other Intrigue's.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, smooth ride, interior space.

Good Car to have
By Archi Mukherji

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Nissans, and Toyota's for last 12 years, after having poor experience with North American Cars. However, after reading some great reviews and with the incentives given by GM in 2002, I decided to take the plunge. I donot regret it at all, it handles and rides extremely well, very quiet, and very thrifty on gas. The car also has adequate power for any traffic conditions. The only problem I had with this vehicle,was that there was slight water leak into the trunk when the car went through a car wash. The problem was corrected by tightening the mounting screws for the License Plate light fixture.

Favorite Features

Smoothnes of Engine, and handling.

Suggested Improvements

The interior finish could have been jazzed up to do give it a refined look. Also leather seats are a tad hard, they could have been improved. The door hardware is also very old fashioned, it still does not give the solid feel to the door, and still requires the door to be closed hard.

Intrigue
By lg

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very satisfied with my purchase. The Intrigue is one of the most comfartable cars that I have driven.

Touring Champ
By Touring Fool

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. V6 is a gem of performance and economy. I gave up only 2 MPG (to 23-24 MPG) around town going from a 4- cyl to this car, and get similar freeway mileage (30-32MPG at 70-75mph). Interior design is great; nice touches with the steering wheel audio controls and dual zone automatic AC. Power heated leather is very comfortable (drove 5400 miles over two weeks this past summer). Downside is typical GM trim panel loosening with age (dash squeak) and large seams between panels. The handling and ride compromise is unbeatable - cruises in comfort over rough pavement at speed but encourages getting off the freeway in search of a twisty two lane.

Favorite Features

Responsive 3.5L V6, gorgeous sheet metal and ride/handling are the features that sold me on the car. The interior design (auto AC, stereo controls, ergonomics) just reinforces the pleasure in driving this car.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter gap tolerances and more secure attachment of the dash trim panels (NO squeaks or groans!).