Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

GM's Big Mistake
By ab348

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM's big mistake was killing Oldsmobile and hence cancelling cars like the Intrigue. It was the best of GM's W-body platform cars (Grand Prix, Regal, Impala) with clean styling, the fine 3.5L twincam engine, crisp handling and steering, and all-around road manners. I bought my Intrigue after it had a year's service in a fleet and I couldn't be happier. It drives very nicely, is comfortable, quiet, and fast, and if you want to have a little fun that engine just loves to rev. What a shame that the geniuses that run GM couldn't make a car like this a success.

Favorite Features

The engine, the handling, the looks, and the comfort. This is a great car.

Suggested Improvements

GM's "sea of gray" interior really needs a bit of brightwork. A 5-speed automatic transmission would have really let the 3.5 engine shine.

2002 Olds Intrigue GL
By Tony M

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the wife's car,but I drive it occasionally. We negotiated a very good price and GM gave a $3500 rebate. I occasionally drive the car, and it is always a pleasure. It is very comfortable,handles well,plenty of power and loaded with features. This car has been rock solid reliable through 67k miles (knock on wood). The OHC engine took a little getting used to. I'm used to the classic push rod grunt off the line and then power fade at 4000 or so rpm. Exactly the opposite happens with the 3.5 OHC. Overall we are VERY pleased with the Intrigue. I am and always have been a "GM guy." It is a shame that the Olds division had to die-they were building GM's best cars.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, independent suspension, powerful V6, auto climate control

Suggested Improvements

El cheapo interior. Overboasted power steering, Why did they put the steering wheel radio control buttons there?

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By Steven Jenn

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I've had a good experience, but lately i've started to have problems with it starting right away, so far i've paid over $200 to find out whats wrong and no one can tell me anything. They suggested that it had to do with fuel pressure and they said they have had problems like that with other Intrigue's.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, smooth ride, interior space.

Good Car to have
By Archi Mukherji

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Nissans, and Toyota's for last 12 years, after having poor experience with North American Cars. However, after reading some great reviews and with the incentives given by GM in 2002, I decided to take the plunge. I donot regret it at all, it handles and rides extremely well, very quiet, and very thrifty on gas. The car also has adequate power for any traffic conditions. The only problem I had with this vehicle,was that there was slight water leak into the trunk when the car went through a car wash. The problem was corrected by tightening the mounting screws for the License Plate light fixture.

Favorite Features

Smoothnes of Engine, and handling.

Suggested Improvements

The interior finish could have been jazzed up to do give it a refined look. Also leather seats are a tad hard, they could have been improved. The door hardware is also very old fashioned, it still does not give the solid feel to the door, and still requires the door to be closed hard.

Intrigue
By lg

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very satisfied with my purchase. The Intrigue is one of the most comfartable cars that I have driven.