Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

A Nice Ride
By Brian J.

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a used Intrigue. It was in good condition with only 90,000 miles. It rides great and has good acceleration. Its fuel economy is average, I get about 330 miles to the tank. It is a good car to have. I have had no problems with it so far and the car had no history of problems. Bottom line: this is a good car to have.

The good size engine and good leg room.

Give it a 5-speed instead of a 4-speed transmission, more passenger leg room, and a better stereo.

Good Value
By taxwiz

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Oldsmobile Intrigue is a very good performer all around. It provides a good combination of performance and fuel economy. It has a few minor defects, mostly related to the Bose stereo system. Although it played well, the volume knob broke off and after 4 1/2 years of service the CD player broke.

GM Can't Even Sell a Great Car!
By Robert Kunzler

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I originally bought a 1998 version of the Oldsmobile Intrigue. I drove it for 77,000 miles and liked it so much that I bought an exact duplicate 2002 model the last day that the Intrigue was a "live" GM product. This is the best overall car I have ever owned. I get 29-30 miles per gallon on the road and 25 in town. It is extremely comfortable to drive. Even with a bad back, I can drive the car for 4-5 hours and leave it with no discomfort. The front power seat, according to my wife, is the most comfortable she has ever ridden in. How can GM be so incompetent that they couldn't successfully market this great car? Future GM buyers beware. If they can't sell this car they won't be in business much longer.

The great fuel economy, wonderfully comfortable ride, and peppy performance for a "family" sedan.

Smarter GM execs and marketing people.

Great Car
By JET1962

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 19,000 miles in Oct 03. It has over 100,000 miles on it now and runs like a top. Haver never had to get anything replaced. I change the oil frequently, myself. On my second set of tires; actually, will be changing them this week to my third set. I changed the trans fluid and plugs at just over 90k. Doesn't burn oil, 24 mpg city (here in Atlanta - traffic nightmare) 28 highway. Good power, fun to drive. Can't say enough about it. Wish they were still making them! Oh, my AC (not as cold as it used to be) is starting to act up though.

Good motor.

Flip down rear seats (pass through trunk); getting rid of the speed limiter.

Good Car
By John F.

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is pretty much a good car. I love the way it drives. The acceleration is amazing. The car feels so powerful, but like any GM vehicle, it has its problems.

The engine is awesome.

The CD player stopped working and one of the windows has decided to stop working as well. The car has not been driven more than 20,000 miles! Either of these have yet to happen on my Nissan and it has 80,000+ miles. When will GM learn?