2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
2002 Olds Intrigue GL
By Tony M on 11/10/04 21:34 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the wife's car,but I drive it occasionally. We negotiated a very good price and GM gave a $3500 rebate. I occasionally drive the car, and it is always a pleasure. It is very comfortable,handles well,plenty of power and loaded with features. This car has been rock solid reliable through 67k miles (knock on wood). The OHC engine took a little getting used to. I'm used to the classic push rod grunt off the line and then power fade at 4000 or so rpm. Exactly the opposite happens with the 3.5 OHC. Overall we are VERY pleased with the Intrigue. I am and always have been a "GM guy." It is a shame that the Olds division had to die-they were building GM's best cars.

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By Steven Jenn on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I've had a good experience, but lately i've started to have problems with it starting right away, so far i've paid over $200 to find out whats wrong and no one can tell me anything. They suggested that it had to do with fuel pressure and they said they have had problems like that with other Intrigue's.

Good Car to have
By Archi Mukherji on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Nissans, and Toyota's for last 12 years, after having poor experience with North American Cars. However, after reading some great reviews and with the incentives given by GM in 2002, I decided to take the plunge. I donot regret it at all, it handles and rides extremely well, very quiet, and very thrifty on gas. The car also has adequate power for any traffic conditions. The only problem I had with this vehicle,was that there was slight water leak into the trunk when the car went through a car wash. The problem was corrected by tightening the mounting screws for the License Plate light fixture.

Intrigue
By lg on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very satisfied with my purchase. The Intrigue is one of the most comfartable cars that I have driven.

Touring Champ
By Touring Fool on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. V6 is a gem of performance and economy. I gave up only 2 MPG (to 23-24 MPG) around town going from a 4- cyl to this car, and get similar freeway mileage (30-32MPG at 70-75mph). Interior design is great; nice touches with the steering wheel audio controls and dual zone automatic AC. Power heated leather is very comfortable (drove 5400 miles over two weeks this past summer). Downside is typical GM trim panel loosening with age (dash squeak) and large seams between panels. The handling and ride compromise is unbeatable - cruises in comfort over rough pavement at speed but encourages getting off the freeway in search of a twisty two lane.

My Merry Oldsmobile
By jeffwiegand on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a shame this marque had to die. My '02 Intrigue GL is fun to drive and trouble free. The only complaint from the driver's seat is inconvenient radio/cruise control steering wheel buttons and a bit too much road noise from the original equipment Goodyear tires on concrete pavement. GM should have killed the stodgy Buick Regal rather than this stylish Olds!

Good - standard to improve it
By gghum on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A well designed car for GM. Everything works as anticipated with but one complaint about a window air noise at specific speeds. Dealer tried a fix and it is better but ...... Too bad Olds is folding and this type of vehicle is discontinued instead of being improved.

Intrigue features high highs & low lows
By Tryan on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Its styling is the first thing that grabs your attention. It is, simply put, stunning. Unlike the Accord and Camry that you see everywhere, the Intrigue is more rare and you never get sick of seeing them. However, also unlike the Accord and Camry, is the Intrigue's build quality. It is barely acceptable. It's paint job is horrendous, the gaps in the dash fits are huge, and shakes and rattles are already obvious. For such a large car, the rear seat space is tight. The car has plenty of ergonomic quirks (like useless cup holders) and finding the perfect temperature is a waste of time - you either get very hot, or very cold. The intermediate does not exist.

Merry Headlights
By BlinkyWinky on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I compared models online and then went to 5 dealers for test drives.I hated the Honda and Toyota, so I decided to settle for a Buick Century, and pulled into the Olds dealer on the way. I had not even considered an Olds for fear they would go out of business and I would be stuck with a car that would be difficult to repair. I needed a car big enough for four adults and an engine that would get me on the freeway fast. The incredible handling sold me. I have now discovered a serious design problem.The dash and HEADLIGHTS dim so low they nearly go out! HQ says it is "NORMAL"! Now I am stuck with a car that blinks like a Christmas Tree!!

I love my Intrigue GLS
By traveller on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I agree with other postings. The engine is so quiet, responsive, economical, and the transmission is also very smooth. As with all GM vehicles, however the transmission has no compression braking. Therefore I'm expecting the brake pads to wear out sooner than they did on my Honda Accord. Also, as on other GM's, its not possible to get air flow on side windows as well as the defrost and floor at the same time as on my Honda.