Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

The Best Car I have owned!
By mdc

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is so depressing to know that you cannot replace this car with a newer model. I have been researching to purchase a new car, with lots of disappointments.

Excellent
By Emily B.

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it salvaged, and surprisingly the only problem so far is a malfunctioning window. Car has excellent MPG--I once clocked it at 34 hwy--and coasts around town like a dream. Heater can be a little weird; otherwise loaded with good functional features. Accelerates on a dime, quiet, fast.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, heated seats, Bose sound system, performance

Suggested Improvements

Unfortunately this car is no longer produced, but I would have appreciated a better cup holder and better defoggers.

Solid Car
By asjemery

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, comfortable sedan. I bought the car new, and loaded, for a steal. There were a few minor quality issues - water pump had to be replaced (at normal service visit), and a nut on one of the wipers had to be retightened (10 minutes at another Olds dealer). Both of these were fixed under warranty, and neither left me stuck. I got a lot of car for the money, and put a lot of worry free miles on it. I rated a lot of 8's, and that's because there are such things as Lexus, Infiniti, etc., but compared to the price range the Intrigue competed in (Accords, Camrys, etc), the Intrigue was a great car and a great value

Favorite Features

Fun to drive - plenty of acceleration (sometimes I drove it hard), handled very well. Affordable features - leather seating, moon roof, etc

Suggested Improvements

Interior could have been executed better - only one of the front cup holders was usable (other was in front of shifter). Some gaps appeared between trim and one of the vents, stuff of that nature

Excellent Olds!
By K. Gilligan

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a loaded up base model in a dealer end of year clearance. It is the best car I've ever had (and I usually buy Mazda, Honda or Toyota). It has the best engine ever. It's smooth, powerful, quiet and yet gets great gas mileage. This car's understated styling still gets curious onlookers. Its beefy Goodyear tires, ABS, a smooth transmission are all excellent. My only gripe is the standard GM penchant for ill fitting dashboard plastics. I have had no squeaks, rattles, or maintenance issues with my Intrigue. It has been completely reliable and has plenty of power. The suspension eats up bumps. The handling is tight, especially for a deceptively large sedan. This car easily outperforms every other car in its size/class for much less money. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Favorite Features

The engine/transmission combination is smooth and powerful. The base sound system is wonderful-full range, not the overly bass-heavy usually associated with GM. The handling, both on twisty roads and long highways are excellent. The seats are wonderful also. I love the "wallet" compartment under the dash.

Suggested Improvements

The interior trim could fit together better. Too bad this car/line is out of production.

A Nice Ride
By Brian J.

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a used Intrigue. It was in good condition with only 90,000 miles. It rides great and has good acceleration. Its fuel economy is average, I get about 330 miles to the tank. It is a good car to have. I have had no problems with it so far and the car had no history of problems. Bottom line: this is a good car to have.

Favorite Features

The good size engine and good leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a 5-speed instead of a 4-speed transmission, more passenger leg room, and a better stereo.