2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
The Best Car I have owned!
By mdc on 06/28/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is so depressing to know that you cannot replace this car with a newer model. I have been researching to purchase a new car, with lots of disappointments.

Excellent
By Emily B. on 06/24/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it salvaged, and surprisingly the only problem so far is a malfunctioning window. Car has excellent MPG--I once clocked it at 34 hwy--and coasts around town like a dream. Heater can be a little weird; otherwise loaded with good functional features. Accelerates on a dime, quiet, fast.

Solid Car
By asjemery on 03/18/08 06:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, comfortable sedan. I bought the car new, and loaded, for a steal. There were a few minor quality issues - water pump had to be replaced (at normal service visit), and a nut on one of the wipers had to be retightened (10 minutes at another Olds dealer). Both of these were fixed under warranty, and neither left me stuck. I got a lot of car for the money, and put a lot of worry free miles on it. I rated a lot of 8's, and that's because there are such things as Lexus, Infiniti, etc., but compared to the price range the Intrigue competed in (Accords, Camrys, etc), the Intrigue was a great car and a great value

Excellent Olds!
By K. Gilligan on 01/04/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a loaded up base model in a dealer end of year clearance. It is the best car I've ever had (and I usually buy Mazda, Honda or Toyota). It has the best engine ever. It's smooth, powerful, quiet and yet gets great gas mileage. This car's understated styling still gets curious onlookers. Its beefy Goodyear tires, ABS, a smooth transmission are all excellent. My only gripe is the standard GM penchant for ill fitting dashboard plastics. I have had no squeaks, rattles, or maintenance issues with my Intrigue. It has been completely reliable and has plenty of power. The suspension eats up bumps. The handling is tight, especially for a deceptively large sedan. This car easily outperforms every other car in its size/class for much less money. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

A Nice Ride
By Brian J. on 10/30/06 13:23 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a used Intrigue. It was in good condition with only 90,000 miles. It rides great and has good acceleration. Its fuel economy is average, I get about 330 miles to the tank. It is a good car to have. I have had no problems with it so far and the car had no history of problems. Bottom line: this is a good car to have.

Good Value
By taxwiz on 10/09/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Oldsmobile Intrigue is a very good performer all around. It provides a good combination of performance and fuel economy. It has a few minor defects, mostly related to the Bose stereo system. Although it played well, the volume knob broke off and after 4 1/2 years of service the CD player broke.

GM Can't Even Sell a Great Car!
By Robert Kunzler on 01/01/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I originally bought a 1998 version of the Oldsmobile Intrigue. I drove it for 77,000 miles and liked it so much that I bought an exact duplicate 2002 model the last day that the Intrigue was a "live" GM product. This is the best overall car I have ever owned. I get 29-30 miles per gallon on the road and 25 in town. It is extremely comfortable to drive. Even with a bad back, I can drive the car for 4-5 hours and leave it with no discomfort. The front power seat, according to my wife, is the most comfortable she has ever ridden in. How can GM be so incompetent that they couldn't successfully market this great car? Future GM buyers beware. If they can't sell this car they won't be in business much longer.

Great Car
By JET1962 on 08/07/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 19,000 miles in Oct 03. It has over 100,000 miles on it now and runs like a top. Haver never had to get anything replaced. I change the oil frequently, myself. On my second set of tires; actually, will be changing them this week to my third set. I changed the trans fluid and plugs at just over 90k. Doesn't burn oil, 24 mpg city (here in Atlanta - traffic nightmare) 28 highway. Good power, fun to drive. Can't say enough about it. Wish they were still making them! Oh, my AC (not as cold as it used to be) is starting to act up though.

Good Car
By John F. on 05/29/05 00:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is pretty much a good car. I love the way it drives. The acceleration is amazing. The car feels so powerful, but like any GM vehicle, it has its problems.

GM's Big Mistake
By ab348 on 05/05/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM's big mistake was killing Oldsmobile and hence cancelling cars like the Intrigue. It was the best of GM's W-body platform cars (Grand Prix, Regal, Impala) with clean styling, the fine 3.5L twincam engine, crisp handling and steering, and all-around road manners. I bought my Intrigue after it had a year's service in a fleet and I couldn't be happier. It drives very nicely, is comfortable, quiet, and fast, and if you want to have a little fun that engine just loves to rev. What a shame that the geniuses that run GM couldn't make a car like this a success.