2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Amazing Vehicle
By paulie69 on 07/19/14 06:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an Intrigue in March with approx. 71K miles on it fully loaded including the heated seats, side mirrors, sunroof,leather interior and Bose sound system for $3000. When I purchased it the dash lights stayed on like a Christmas tree but after driving it I had to have it. It now has 80K miles on it and although the lights on the dash are still there it runs like a dream and is very dependable. Nobody seems to know why the lights stay on so it can be fixed but as long as it continues to give me good service I can't complain as it was a lot of car for the money I spent. To bad Oldsmobile is gone as American cars of this quality are so rare.

A little more than Vanilla
By swimmercr on 12/15/13 16:46 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and I am 17. So far, it has been a good car. I have the GX with an optional spoiler. Have had the car for 5 mos. I have had minimal problems with it. All i had to do was change the front left signal light. I have heard some rumors about this car. Some good, some not. It had best in class performance (at the time) and the interior is filled with nice touches and the fun "ninja cup holder". I have 86k miles on mine and got it for free. It was from my grandma when she died. Unfortunately, it has white stripes on the tires -_- So far, good car. It is good at being a little more than a car. I want to plasti-dip the wheels and put a fart can on it. And aftermarket radio & sub

Horrible Car. Don't buy Used.
By jlsmith1215 on 05/05/13 16:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Check engine, Service Vehicle, and Low Trac lights are on when start car up. Took car to a mechanic and he did a diagnosis check he says I need a new crank shaft senor. But turned around wasted $265.00 on the senor. Windshield wiper motor went out after a yr having it. 3 of the 4 windows work. Sometimes only 2 work. This Car SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Do Not Buy This Car Used.

Night Mare !!!!!
By rosetat2 on 08/15/12 17:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 olds intrigue in 2003 with 4100 miles on it. it has been the best till this year. car now has 114108 miles. I get oil change always. got transmission fluid flushed & power steering fluid flushed & oil changed. had leak in tire fixed cost 499.00. Then my track light, antilock brake light & track light came on also Service eng soon. no ac ,no cruise replace ignition switch assm,replace alternator & fuse assm, replace rf wheel speed sensor harness cost 1478.00. after security light would pop on while i was driving then when i would shut car off then on it would go off. that went on for a while till one day car would not start but when i would keep trying it would start like a

Ultra Reliable
By Gord.D on 03/22/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car now since March 2009 (with only 60,000 miles on it) and have put about 30,000 miles on it in one year. It's my daily driver and it's been very comfortable and super reliable (I've changed the tires and the oil and that's about it). While GM may not have figured out Interior Issues by 2002, they sure figured out the mechanical stuff with this car. An excellent buy Used if you can find a well looked after example.

Great car with bad windows
By FOX72 on 03/10/10 12:13 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with 78K on it already. Replaced the tires immediately and it's the smoothest ride I have ever owned. The engine is solid. After a year of use (7 year old car) three out of four windows stopped working. I took the door panels off to check it out and found that the plastic pieces on the window motor had cracked and the cables were getting jammed up in the motor. Now at 110K, the AC just went out. Nice car, may need some repairs to keep it comfortable.

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By Steve R. on 01/14/10 21:19 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I leased a 1999 GL and when GM announced the phase out of the Intrigue in 2002 with the end of Olds, we had to buy one while we still could. We got the GLS fully loaded for about $25,000. After 8 years and closing in on 200,000 miles, (not a typo), it is the best car I have ever owned, hands down. Impressive pick up for a car of that size. The 3.5L V6 with regular maintenance is as durable as they come, and still purrs like a kitten. The optional "Precision Control System" gives the car great handling, especially around curves at higher speeds, and the ride comfort is very good for a sportier car. Still getting 24/28 mpg. A great car. Too bad GM couldn't sell more of them.

Great car! What was GM thinking???
By R.Hach on 07/16/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first Olds Intrigue was totaled when another driver ran a stop light at 70 MPH! Later when I went back to the salvage yard to get my personal belongings, the Police were there and told me that the car durability saved my life, so I bought my second Olds Intrigue in 10/2007 with 27k on it. I do outside sales on the road, I now have 90k on it. Other than basic repairs (tires, battery) it has been problem free. Comfortable for long trips, rides smooth, and the A/C blows colder and cools faster than my wifes 2006 Chevy Impala! Why did GM kill Olds? My sister just bought herself one with low miles. She used to laugh at my Olds, now she is glad she got hers. People can't believe it's 7 yrs old!

Solid Driver, Some Problems
By GeeWhiz on 02/09/09 05:39 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for 2 years - purchased with around 50K miles - Runs Great Super 6 Cylinder engine is the strength of this car. Have had issues with Brakes, Front end suspension and Wheel bearings. Interior Build quality lacking Power Window/Lock switch Assembly loose on both front doors. Fit and finish of interior fair to poor. This car runs great - too bad Olds was shelved by GM - These cars at the time had better exterior styling than Buick or Saturn.

Still Satisfied
By wigz on 07/27/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nearly 72 months now as original owner. The Intrigue GL still delivers on all expectations. The intermediate steering shaft needs lubrication for the first time but it's not a critical maintenance issue. Most GM W-Body cars need that $100 dealer service only once in 100,000 miles. Other than that no unscheduled services required. 90 percent of my driving is in the city and the car averages 19 miles-per-gallon. All-in-all it's been a pretty darn nice car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »