2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
A little more than Vanilla
By swimmercr on 12/15/13 16:46 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and I am 17. So far, it has been a good car. I have the GX with an optional spoiler. Have had the car for 5 mos. I have had minimal problems with it. All i had to do was change the front left signal light. I have heard some rumors about this car. Some good, some not. It had best in class performance (at the time) and the interior is filled with nice touches and the fun "ninja cup holder". I have 86k miles on mine and got it for free. It was from my grandma when she died. Unfortunately, it has white stripes on the tires -_- So far, good car. It is good at being a little more than a car. I want to plasti-dip the wheels and put a fart can on it. And aftermarket radio & sub

Great car with bad windows
By FOX72 on 03/10/10 12:13 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with 78K on it already. Replaced the tires immediately and it's the smoothest ride I have ever owned. The engine is solid. After a year of use (7 year old car) three out of four windows stopped working. I took the door panels off to check it out and found that the plastic pieces on the window motor had cracked and the cables were getting jammed up in the motor. Now at 110K, the AC just went out. Nice car, may need some repairs to keep it comfortable.

Great Car
By JET1962 on 08/07/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 19,000 miles in Oct 03. It has over 100,000 miles on it now and runs like a top. Haver never had to get anything replaced. I change the oil frequently, myself. On my second set of tires; actually, will be changing them this week to my third set. I changed the trans fluid and plugs at just over 90k. Doesn't burn oil, 24 mpg city (here in Atlanta - traffic nightmare) 28 highway. Good power, fun to drive. Can't say enough about it. Wish they were still making them! Oh, my AC (not as cold as it used to be) is starting to act up though.

GM's Big Mistake
By ab348 on 05/05/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM's big mistake was killing Oldsmobile and hence cancelling cars like the Intrigue. It was the best of GM's W-body platform cars (Grand Prix, Regal, Impala) with clean styling, the fine 3.5L twincam engine, crisp handling and steering, and all-around road manners. I bought my Intrigue after it had a year's service in a fleet and I couldn't be happier. It drives very nicely, is comfortable, quiet, and fast, and if you want to have a little fun that engine just loves to rev. What a shame that the geniuses that run GM couldn't make a car like this a success.

Great Car
By TPayne on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have drove this car for 11 months and have nothing but truly exceptional experience. The power and quality is superb

Great Car
By rollin on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car 2 years actually, and I have never had a problem with it. I drove it out of town alot, so I have high mileage, about 90,000. It's still going strong, and I haven't had a major problem, just regular maintenance. Great ride!

Why discontinue the Intrigue?
By Bill Hartung on 03/08/02 10:58 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I test drove the car, I was surprised at the Intrigues's engine responsiveness and smoothness, it's nimble handling, and it's useful space. I have owned many Oldsmobiles and the Intrigue is the best-balanced Oldsmobile that I have driven. The Intrigue handles as well if not better than many compact performance cars. Don't just look at the car. Test drive it! I was surprised. You may be too.