Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

GM's best car to this day!
By keeganlee98

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First off, I would like to say this car is just amazing! I have owned the 3.8 and the 3.5 motors and I would have to say, I like the 3.5 a lot more. The 3.5 gives a very quick acceleration and just amazing fuel economy! I normally get around 400-440 miles to one tank of gas! Moving on to the interior, it is a very beautiful designed interior! As most Intrigues go, my dash above my center air vents started to raise at 120,000 miles but thats no big deal. The car has never had any mechanical problems in it's 180k mile life. The only problem I have had is wheel hubs. Wheel hubs are another common thing with the Intrigue, 300 dollars later, all four hubs were replaced..

Way to much to list!!!

None

A little more than Vanilla
By swimmercr

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and I am 17. So far, it has been a good car. I have the GX with an optional spoiler. Have had the car for 5 mos. I have had minimal problems with it. All i had to do was change the front left signal light. I have heard some rumors about this car. Some good, some not. It had best in class performance (at the time) and the interior is filled with nice touches and the fun "ninja cup holder". I have 86k miles on mine and got it for free. It was from my grandma when she died. Unfortunately, it has white stripes on the tires -_- So far, good car. It is good at being a little more than a car. I want to plasti-dip the wheels and put a fart can on it. And aftermarket radio & sub

Peppy engine, decent noise (small hole cut before muffler). Different compartments to put your stuff. Seats are pretty good. I like the Carbon Fiber on the wheel hubs. Minimal blindspots. I fit well being 6'0 tall.

MANUAL TRANNY!!! And also keeping Olds in the business. I put blue LED lights in the middle front bumper area. Unfortunately (as I found out), they were illegal. And, I wish the hood had more lines, or vents.

Great car with bad windows
By FOX72

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with 78K on it already. Replaced the tires immediately and it's the smoothest ride I have ever owned. The engine is solid. After a year of use (7 year old car) three out of four windows stopped working. I took the door panels off to check it out and found that the plastic pieces on the window motor had cracked and the cables were getting jammed up in the motor. Now at 110K, the AC just went out. Nice car, may need some repairs to keep it comfortable.

The engine is powerful and really makes up for some of the car's shortcomings. It really is fun to drive.

The dashboard could have been made better. There are gaps between the dash and the vent covers and the right side airbag cover pops up on one corner. The window motors are the worst I've ever seen.

Great Car
By JET1962

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 19,000 miles in Oct 03. It has over 100,000 miles on it now and runs like a top. Haver never had to get anything replaced. I change the oil frequently, myself. On my second set of tires; actually, will be changing them this week to my third set. I changed the trans fluid and plugs at just over 90k. Doesn't burn oil, 24 mpg city (here in Atlanta - traffic nightmare) 28 highway. Good power, fun to drive. Can't say enough about it. Wish they were still making them! Oh, my AC (not as cold as it used to be) is starting to act up though.

Good motor.

Flip down rear seats (pass through trunk); getting rid of the speed limiter.

GM's Big Mistake
By ab348

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM's big mistake was killing Oldsmobile and hence cancelling cars like the Intrigue. It was the best of GM's W-body platform cars (Grand Prix, Regal, Impala) with clean styling, the fine 3.5L twincam engine, crisp handling and steering, and all-around road manners. I bought my Intrigue after it had a year's service in a fleet and I couldn't be happier. It drives very nicely, is comfortable, quiet, and fast, and if you want to have a little fun that engine just loves to rev. What a shame that the geniuses that run GM couldn't make a car like this a success.

The engine, the handling, the looks, and the comfort. This is a great car.

GM's "sea of gray" interior really needs a bit of brightwork. A 5-speed automatic transmission would have really let the 3.5 engine shine.