2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Horrible Car. Don't buy Used.
By jlsmith1215 on 05/05/13 16:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Check engine, Service Vehicle, and Low Trac lights are on when start car up. Took car to a mechanic and he did a diagnosis check he says I need a new crank shaft senor. But turned around wasted $265.00 on the senor. Windshield wiper motor went out after a yr having it. 3 of the 4 windows work. Sometimes only 2 work. This Car SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Do Not Buy This Car Used.

Night Mare !!!!!
By rosetat2 on 08/15/12 17:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 olds intrigue in 2003 with 4100 miles on it. it has been the best till this year. car now has 114108 miles. I get oil change always. got transmission fluid flushed & power steering fluid flushed & oil changed. had leak in tire fixed cost 499.00. Then my track light, antilock brake light & track light came on also Service eng soon. no ac ,no cruise replace ignition switch assm,replace alternator & fuse assm, replace rf wheel speed sensor harness cost 1478.00. after security light would pop on while i was driving then when i would shut car off then on it would go off. that went on for a while till one day car would not start but when i would keep trying it would start like a

Ultra Reliable
By Gord.D on 03/22/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car now since March 2009 (with only 60,000 miles on it) and have put about 30,000 miles on it in one year. It's my daily driver and it's been very comfortable and super reliable (I've changed the tires and the oil and that's about it). While GM may not have figured out Interior Issues by 2002, they sure figured out the mechanical stuff with this car. An excellent buy Used if you can find a well looked after example.

Solid Driver, Some Problems
By GeeWhiz on 02/09/09 05:39 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for 2 years - purchased with around 50K miles - Runs Great Super 6 Cylinder engine is the strength of this car. Have had issues with Brakes, Front end suspension and Wheel bearings. Interior Build quality lacking Power Window/Lock switch Assembly loose on both front doors. Fit and finish of interior fair to poor. This car runs great - too bad Olds was shelved by GM - These cars at the time had better exterior styling than Buick or Saturn.

Still Satisfied
By wigz on 07/27/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nearly 72 months now as original owner. The Intrigue GL still delivers on all expectations. The intermediate steering shaft needs lubrication for the first time but it's not a critical maintenance issue. Most GM W-Body cars need that $100 dealer service only once in 100,000 miles. Other than that no unscheduled services required. 90 percent of my driving is in the city and the car averages 19 miles-per-gallon. All-in-all it's been a pretty darn nice car!

The Best Car I have owned!
By mdc on 06/28/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is so depressing to know that you cannot replace this car with a newer model. I have been researching to purchase a new car, with lots of disappointments.

Excellent
By Emily B. on 06/24/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it salvaged, and surprisingly the only problem so far is a malfunctioning window. Car has excellent MPG--I once clocked it at 34 hwy--and coasts around town like a dream. Heater can be a little weird; otherwise loaded with good functional features. Accelerates on a dime, quiet, fast.

Excellent Olds!
By K. Gilligan on 01/04/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a loaded up base model in a dealer end of year clearance. It is the best car I've ever had (and I usually buy Mazda, Honda or Toyota). It has the best engine ever. It's smooth, powerful, quiet and yet gets great gas mileage. This car's understated styling still gets curious onlookers. Its beefy Goodyear tires, ABS, a smooth transmission are all excellent. My only gripe is the standard GM penchant for ill fitting dashboard plastics. I have had no squeaks, rattles, or maintenance issues with my Intrigue. It has been completely reliable and has plenty of power. The suspension eats up bumps. The handling is tight, especially for a deceptively large sedan. This car easily outperforms every other car in its size/class for much less money. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

A Nice Ride
By Brian J. on 10/30/06 13:23 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a used Intrigue. It was in good condition with only 90,000 miles. It rides great and has good acceleration. Its fuel economy is average, I get about 330 miles to the tank. It is a good car to have. I have had no problems with it so far and the car had no history of problems. Bottom line: this is a good car to have.

GM Can't Even Sell a Great Car!
By Robert Kunzler on 01/01/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I originally bought a 1998 version of the Oldsmobile Intrigue. I drove it for 77,000 miles and liked it so much that I bought an exact duplicate 2002 model the last day that the Intrigue was a "live" GM product. This is the best overall car I have ever owned. I get 29-30 miles per gallon on the road and 25 in town. It is extremely comfortable to drive. Even with a bad back, I can drive the car for 4-5 hours and leave it with no discomfort. The front power seat, according to my wife, is the most comfortable she has ever ridden in. How can GM be so incompetent that they couldn't successfully market this great car? Future GM buyers beware. If they can't sell this car they won't be in business much longer.