Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

GM's best car to this day!
By keeganlee98

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First off, I would like to say this car is just amazing! I have owned the 3.8 and the 3.5 motors and I would have to say, I like the 3.5 a lot more. The 3.5 gives a very quick acceleration and just amazing fuel economy! I normally get around 400-440 miles to one tank of gas! Moving on to the interior, it is a very beautiful designed interior! As most Intrigues go, my dash above my center air vents started to raise at 120,000 miles but thats no big deal. The car has never had any mechanical problems in it's 180k mile life. The only problem I have had is wheel hubs. Wheel hubs are another common thing with the Intrigue, 300 dollars later, all four hubs were replaced..

Favorite Features

Way to much to list!!!

Suggested Improvements

None

Amazing Vehicle
By paulie69

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an Intrigue in March with approx. 71K miles on it fully loaded including the heated seats, side mirrors, sunroof,leather interior and Bose sound system for $3000. When I purchased it the dash lights stayed on like a Christmas tree but after driving it I had to have it. It now has 80K miles on it and although the lights on the dash are still there it runs like a dream and is very dependable. Nobody seems to know why the lights stay on so it can be fixed but as long as it continues to give me good service I can't complain as it was a lot of car for the money I spent. To bad Oldsmobile is gone as American cars of this quality are so rare.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, sunroof, heated seats, great handling curvy roads and the strength of the engine. Overall the entire vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Apparently the dash light problem occurs often so it should have been addressed by a recall or before GM sold the vehicles.

A little more than Vanilla
By swimmercr

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and I am 17. So far, it has been a good car. I have the GX with an optional spoiler. Have had the car for 5 mos. I have had minimal problems with it. All i had to do was change the front left signal light. I have heard some rumors about this car. Some good, some not. It had best in class performance (at the time) and the interior is filled with nice touches and the fun "ninja cup holder". I have 86k miles on mine and got it for free. It was from my grandma when she died. Unfortunately, it has white stripes on the tires -_- So far, good car. It is good at being a little more than a car. I want to plasti-dip the wheels and put a fart can on it. And aftermarket radio & sub

Favorite Features

Peppy engine, decent noise (small hole cut before muffler). Different compartments to put your stuff. Seats are pretty good. I like the Carbon Fiber on the wheel hubs. Minimal blindspots. I fit well being 6'0 tall.

Suggested Improvements

MANUAL TRANNY!!! And also keeping Olds in the business. I put blue LED lights in the middle front bumper area. Unfortunately (as I found out), they were illegal. And, I wish the hood had more lines, or vents.

Horrible Car. Don't buy Used.
By jlsmith1215

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Check engine, Service Vehicle, and Low Trac lights are on when start car up. Took car to a mechanic and he did a diagnosis check he says I need a new crank shaft senor. But turned around wasted $265.00 on the senor. Windshield wiper motor went out after a yr having it. 3 of the 4 windows work. Sometimes only 2 work. This Car SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Do Not Buy This Car Used.

Night Mare !!!!!
By rosetat2

2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 olds intrigue in 2003 with 4100 miles on it. it has been the best till this year. car now has 114108 miles. I get oil change always. got transmission fluid flushed & power steering fluid flushed & oil changed. had leak in tire fixed cost 499.00. Then my track light, antilock brake light & track light came on also Service eng soon. no ac ,no cruise replace ignition switch assm,replace alternator & fuse assm, replace rf wheel speed sensor harness cost 1478.00. after security light would pop on while i was driving then when i would shut car off then on it would go off. that went on for a while till one day car would not start but when i would keep trying it would start like a

Favorite Features

charm. took car back to Don Larson replace cylinder kit cost 477.00 this is all in the last mouth & half. I have always loved olds but right now it is a night mare!!!!!!!