2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Comfortable Reliable Sedan

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Review

GX Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A Comfortable Reliable Sedan
By Chris on

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 125k miles, now at 140k. Overall it is comfortable, handles well for a car its size and has good power. The interior materials have held up well (especially the cloth and carpet) and the paint still looks great. When I first got the car,I upgraded the wheels and put on new tires. So far, they have hardly worn at all. I had a stalling problem in the first couple of months that turned out to be the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Right now the "abs" and "trac off" lights are on b/c I broke a brittle wire while trying to secure a speed sensor. I will be putting in new pads and rotors soon, as the brakes have begun to pulsate, but this is just regular maintenance.

Favorite Features

Cruising comfort, acceleration, stereo, cavernous trunk, easy DIY oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic clips that hold wheel sensor are known to break and cause the wire to rub. Sensor is part of the wheel hub, requiring a replacement of the whole assembly. Will be doing this soon to restore the ABS and Trac Control. Should have kept making them, the Intrigue was one of the best W-bodies.
By
on 02/11/11 12:23 PM (PST)