Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

It is a Great Vehicle
By AMR

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a very comfortable interior, an attractive exterior, and a powerful DOHC V6 engine. I picked it because of the refinement and build quality that was apparent in my vehicle while it was on the dealer lot. Have had no problems so far!

Favorite Features

3.5 DOHC V6, interior design/ergonomics, panel fit and finish, and great sound system

Suggested Improvements

None.

A Very Refined Performer All Around
By AMR

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was bought used, but was in such good condition that I could not pass the sale up. The Intrigue is stylish, comfortable, and an able performer (with the 3.5 DOHC V6). I really like the takeoff of the vehicle and the fuel economy; both are excellent. The interior design is not too bold, but it is stylish. The exterior was a departure from traditional "Oldsmobile boringness" and brought a sense of fresh air. The interior has great fit and finish and build quality is excellent; not a squeak or rattle even at nearly 50,000 miles! I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a comfortable high quality used vehicle.

Favorite Features

Nice radio (even w/out the Bose), stylish interior and exterior, powerful and refined engine, smooth transmission, and quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

None

Absolutely decent midsize sedan
By gabe

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '01 Intrigue in 2001, as a program car, (28K mi), because it seemed a very good deal (half price). I didn't need another car, but , a few years later, I'm still happy with this purchase. It was one of the sportiest American midsize sedans of the day. The major critique it received was about finish quality; however, all I could find wrong with my car was a side dash plastic panel fitted poorly. GM management should have kept the oldest car brand existing, not dump it. I believe they should have upgraded the Oldsmobile lineup, instead of coming up with the dubious GTO, SSR, etc...

Favorite Features

Accelerates well, albeit having to downshift from D to 3 above about 40 mph, for heavier acceleration. That's how it gets very good gas mileage: >30mpg from CO to Grand Canyon. 4valve, coil on plug, 100K mi service engine; traction control, ABS, 4 disc brakes. Very large trunk. Dash mounted ignition.

Suggested Improvements

I hoped for less body roll during cornering. Interior plastic panels could have been fitted a little better here and there. Oh, I forgot to mention the in-glass antenna and the cornering lights may come in handy, occasionally.

Good sedan gone bye-bye
By Olds31

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and probably my last Olds. It was a good choice I think. No real glaring faults with the car but the exterior design could of been a little better. Thinking about putting some after market fog lamps on the car. If I trade it in, I probably go with either Toyota or Honda. Sorry GM, Ford lovers out there.

Favorite Features

CD player. Bose speakers. Traction control. 3.5 liter V6 engine. Good gas mileage for a mid-size car. (19/30)

Suggested Improvements

Can't. They don't make this car anymore.

Best Car
By BRIANs

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

More bells & whistles than I would ever desire. A beauty to drive & have had MANY compliments (even by teens). Barring catastrophy, the last car I plan to own (a keeper).

Favorite Features

Back support & fully adj. seats. Smoooth ride....

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again.