Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

I love my Olds!
By phewop

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have liked Intrigues ever since I heard about them. I rode in one a few years ago and knew that I would get one as my first car. Even though I'm only 18, I think this is one of the best cars out there. It's fast, yet relaxing when cruising, comfortable (heated seats!!), it's got a good Bose sound system, and it handles well. Thus far, it's been good in the reliability area. I got it with 43,000 miles on it; now I have 59,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, 3.5L engine, Bose sound system, automatic climate control, moonroof, styling especially w/spoiler and chrome wheels, and stability control (PCS).

Suggested Improvements

Bring Olds back, GM! Maybe give ti a better warranty or nicer interior trim (new GM vehicles) and better brakes (they stop fine, but wear FAST).

Olds Intrigue
By Narby

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Intrigue is the finest car I've ever owned. It just turned 150,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs I've had to pay for are an alternator and a brake job. I would have preferred that GM drop Buick rather than Oldsmobile.

Favorite Features

The steering, suspension and seat warmers.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a one.

Great car
By Griffin

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Oldsmobile. It was a natural replacement for my '97 Cutlass Supreme. You can definately feel the quality difference between the two cars. I chose a beautiful Ruby Red Metallic GL with every option available on that model. The 3.5L DOHC engine is so smooth you forget it's running! The car is very well-built and you can really notice the quality of the car.

Favorite Features

I love the heated leather seats, sunroof, excellent stereo, headlight / taillight styling, smooth engine, effortless acceleration, and cornering lamps.

Suggested Improvements

Add an "Off" button for the automatic headlights.

Love this car
By HollySw3

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am married with 3 kids. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer and suprisingly enough the back seat in the intrigue is wider than the Blazer's back seat. The car runs great and is very comfortable. I just got it but bought it used and to this day I have had no problems with it. It is a sharp car!

Favorite Features

I like that is has a CD player and tape player. Also really like radio control on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Reality about the best sports-sedan
By chris

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really great car. Reliable, fun to drive, powerful, super economical, very roomy, supportive seats, great cornering, and superior braking, make it a perfect sporty alternative to bring sedans. Compared to Accord, Camry, Passat, and Maxima, when I was shopping. Intrigue felt like it was built better, with more quality feel to it. Plus the motor is Northstar inspired, and borrowed from the Aurora. The acceleration and passing ability are far better than the numbers most magazine put out. I've clocked mine from 0-60 with a professional stopwatch. The timing was averaged at 6.49 over 5 trials. Fuel economy is averaging in the 30's. Maintenance has been basic oil changes and filters only

Favorite Features

Quality of the car, Style...it really looks great i never get tired of the style. Performance...i love putting maximas in there place. Camry, Accord, and Passat don't even come close. The traction in the rain and snow is also exceptionally good. Very well balanced power and weight.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a wagon model with a 3rd seat. I would've liked an all wheel drive for the really bad ice. But my Intrigue is great in the regular snow and slick rain so i really have no complaints