Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

I love this car
By Papa Billnye

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best one I have ever owned out of 6 in my life of 22 years. I have had some small issues with it like a secondary air pump go out and a fast wearing set of rear brakes but since I have put 4 new tires on the car it rides like a Cadillac but better because it costs a lot less then a Caddy.

Wow were to start, the MPG is great almost 28 on the highway going 85 to 90 MPH. Handling is great minus the body roll but with a good set of shoes this car can do anything. The heated/power seats and just the way the car takes the road on makes it a poor mans Cadillac. I love my car

None so far I have put 14000 miles on it in 9 months and I have no complaints for a car with 122K on its plate

I love this car!
By rzb1992

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For over a few years, I've been wanting to have my own Intrigue and I was finally fortunate enough to get one for my birthday. (Thankfully I got my license). I love this car. It has a lot of power, is very comfortable, and has been very reliable for me. The sound system is amazing, and it's not even the optional bose system. Only expected maintainance for the age and mileage.

Sleek, sporty, styling. "the best I've seen!" Reliable, affordable, and cool (even for a teenager!)

GM bring back Oldsmobile

Good Vehicle
By ProFinishesCustom

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove this car from Jacksonville, FL to Portland, OR. It was comfortable, the only problem I had with the vehicle was that the coolant resivour had cracked in Texas. I replaced it and we went on our way and made it to Oregon with no problems at all. This vehicle overall, I would probably rate it a high 8 or mid 9.

The stereo and the comfort our my favorite features. The fact that the antenna is in the rear window is nice.

Needs a little more torque and horsepower, or better gas mileage. For the power it puts out, it should get a little better gas mileage.

Great Car
By The Five-O

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot. I've had this car for a little over a year and have already put almost 30,000 miles on it. It's taken me on numerous trips, one from Michigan to Florida, without a problem and use it to commute 20 miles back and forth to work and school everyday. I love the car. However, it's been having issues with the passive security system and sometimes won't let me start the car. Other than that it has been a great car.

The design of the car; it's very sleek and looks great. The cornering lights actually come in handy at night, and the heated seats are great.

Maybe add a V8 engine?

Still love it
By miranda

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Olds brand new in 2001 and have put over 107,000 miles on it. I absolutely love my car. It handles great in all weather, with relatively low maintenance. I've put new tires and brakes on it but that's normal wear-and-tear for 107,000 miles. The duo heated-leather seats, moonroof and stability control are my "must-have's." I was doing a bit of looking around for a potential new car after I hit the 100,000 miles mark and cannot find anything close to my Olds for under $35,000. Last weekend I put 8 bags of mulch in the trunk with the door CLOSED. GM had a winner with the Intrigue but now is no more.

Heated leather seats, moonroof, stability control, power to pass at high speed.

The road noise is a bit loud, and the car is a bit of a gas hog (but it passes with power -- you can't have it both ways ;).