2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Unreplaceable
By chente on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only been able to own my Intrigue for a short 18 months..alas it was a total loss and was put to rest on May 2, 2004. However I think it is worth mentioning that this vehicle left its passangers, including myself, able to walk away without a scratch from a very ugly mangled vehicle. Before this, the vehicle handled and performed well beyond my expectations. Service was inexpensive and handled well on long trips. It was a joy to drive and own, it will be hard to replace.

best car ever owned
By tomtom22 on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever owned and I have owned my share of 3 Fords, 4 Olds, 2 Chevy, 3 Plymouths a VW, a Toyota and going back to my first car a 49 fast back Chevvie sedan.

Oldsmoblie 2001 Intrigue
By Beachbums on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a very reliable and comfortable, but it has had a rough start. In the beginning it had a defective engine which had to be shipped back to the manufactuar and I was left without a car for a few weeks. However, they did replace the engine. Otherwise it has wonderful performance and notable styling. Above all else, you got decent features for your money.

My Review Of The Intrigue GX
By whitneyphat7 on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with this car was, is, a bad one. I personally would not recommend anyone to buy this specific vehicle. I am always going in to fix something under warranty, and then it still doesn't work, or brakes soon after.

Intrigues are the worst cars ever BUILT
By Neece on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From a mechanic stand point, something is always wrong with these cars intrigues they are constantly braking down, and in need of repairs. Not minor repairs either, things like, front rods, transmisson work, bad rotors and brakes, rack and pinion, and catilictic converter,badly spelled, but you should know the part, and also o2 censes. Oldsmobile intrigues have a great deal of mechanical problems, and in my opinion they are badly built cars.

Should Have been a Cutlass
By love my olds on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this one the week after GM decided to kill the brand. The 5/60 Protection Plan combined with excellent pricing made this the quickest new car purchase I have ever made. I've now owned this for over 2 and 1/2 years and have done nothing except oil changes and a set of brakes and tires at 50k. For a guy who hasn't kept a car for more than 2 years sence college, I can't imagine trading this one in anytime soon.

Great Car But Problematic
By DHillery on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a joy to drive and will get looks. Sad to see it go -the Grand Prix doesn't compare to the interior styling. GLS only (leather heated seats, On-star). Lot's of electrical problems. In for repairs 9 times in 3 years - all electrical. Would only get again w/ extendend warranty.

2001 olds
By Zimmer59 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Only negative is interior noise

good car, very good deal
By gc on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Represents my part in helping the economy (...) after the Sept 2001 attack. Bought used, as a program car, base GX + pref. option pkg (alloys, traction, pwr drv seat, AM/FM/cass/CD, 6 spkrs, leather wheel & shifter, a few other perks) for about 50% of MSRP (less than a Focus!), at 26K mi. I could have gotten an extra $400 off if not for particular circumstances when I purchased it. Nice and "easy" to drive, performance tires are a bit noisy at speed, reviews say 7.7s 0-60mph vs. 7.5s or so for Passat. Handling is good but not equal to performance sedans in its class

A Great Car.
By MRRN on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable, beautiful car. Fun to drive and sporty for a midsize sedan. Very strong engine, especially at higher speeds. smooth ride and transmission. Lots of complements from passengers.