2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
I love my Olds!
By phewop on 05/01/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have liked Intrigues ever since I heard about them. I rode in one a few years ago and knew that I would get one as my first car. Even though I'm only 18, I think this is one of the best cars out there. It's fast, yet relaxing when cruising, comfortable (heated seats!!), it's got a good Bose sound system, and it handles well. Thus far, it's been good in the reliability area. I got it with 43,000 miles on it; now I have 59,000 miles.

Olds Intrigue
By Narby on 02/13/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Intrigue is the finest car I've ever owned. It just turned 150,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs I've had to pay for are an alternator and a brake job. I would have preferred that GM drop Buick rather than Oldsmobile.

Great car
By Griffin on 10/20/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Oldsmobile. It was a natural replacement for my '97 Cutlass Supreme. You can definately feel the quality difference between the two cars. I chose a beautiful Ruby Red Metallic GL with every option available on that model. The 3.5L DOHC engine is so smooth you forget it's running! The car is very well-built and you can really notice the quality of the car.

Love this car
By HollySw3 on 06/28/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am married with 3 kids. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer and suprisingly enough the back seat in the intrigue is wider than the Blazer's back seat. The car runs great and is very comfortable. I just got it but bought it used and to this day I have had no problems with it. It is a sharp car!

Reality about the best sports-sedan
By chris on 05/21/05 03:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really great car. Reliable, fun to drive, powerful, super economical, very roomy, supportive seats, great cornering, and superior braking, make it a perfect sporty alternative to bring sedans. Compared to Accord, Camry, Passat, and Maxima, when I was shopping. Intrigue felt like it was built better, with more quality feel to it. Plus the motor is Northstar inspired, and borrowed from the Aurora. The acceleration and passing ability are far better than the numbers most magazine put out. I've clocked mine from 0-60 with a professional stopwatch. The timing was averaged at 6.49 over 5 trials. Fuel economy is averaging in the 30's. Maintenance has been basic oil changes and filters only

It is a Great Vehicle
By AMR on 04/29/05 09:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a very comfortable interior, an attractive exterior, and a powerful DOHC V6 engine. I picked it because of the refinement and build quality that was apparent in my vehicle while it was on the dealer lot. Have had no problems so far!

A Very Refined Performer All Around
By AMR on 02/16/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was bought used, but was in such good condition that I could not pass the sale up. The Intrigue is stylish, comfortable, and an able performer (with the 3.5 DOHC V6). I really like the takeoff of the vehicle and the fuel economy; both are excellent. The interior design is not too bold, but it is stylish. The exterior was a departure from traditional "Oldsmobile boringness" and brought a sense of fresh air. The interior has great fit and finish and build quality is excellent; not a squeak or rattle even at nearly 50,000 miles! I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a comfortable high quality used vehicle.

Absolutely decent midsize sedan
By gabe on 01/11/05 14:45 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '01 Intrigue in 2001, as a program car, (28K mi), because it seemed a very good deal (half price). I didn't need another car, but , a few years later, I'm still happy with this purchase. It was one of the sportiest American midsize sedans of the day. The major critique it received was about finish quality; however, all I could find wrong with my car was a side dash plastic panel fitted poorly. GM management should have kept the oldest car brand existing, not dump it. I believe they should have upgraded the Oldsmobile lineup, instead of coming up with the dubious GTO, SSR, etc...

Good sedan gone bye-bye
By Olds31 on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and probably my last Olds. It was a good choice I think. No real glaring faults with the car but the exterior design could of been a little better. Thinking about putting some after market fog lamps on the car. If I trade it in, I probably go with either Toyota or Honda. Sorry GM, Ford lovers out there.

Best Car
By BRIANs on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

More bells & whistles than I would ever desire. A beauty to drive & have had MANY compliments (even by teens). Barring catastrophy, the last car I plan to own (a keeper).