Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Olds Intrigue
By Narby

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Intrigue is the finest car I've ever owned. It just turned 150,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs I've had to pay for are an alternator and a brake job. I would have preferred that GM drop Buick rather than Oldsmobile.

Favorite Features

The steering, suspension and seat warmers.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a one.

Great car
By Griffin

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Oldsmobile. It was a natural replacement for my '97 Cutlass Supreme. You can definately feel the quality difference between the two cars. I chose a beautiful Ruby Red Metallic GL with every option available on that model. The 3.5L DOHC engine is so smooth you forget it's running! The car is very well-built and you can really notice the quality of the car.

Favorite Features

I love the heated leather seats, sunroof, excellent stereo, headlight / taillight styling, smooth engine, effortless acceleration, and cornering lamps.

Suggested Improvements

Add an "Off" button for the automatic headlights.

Love this car
By HollySw3

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am married with 3 kids. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer and suprisingly enough the back seat in the intrigue is wider than the Blazer's back seat. The car runs great and is very comfortable. I just got it but bought it used and to this day I have had no problems with it. It is a sharp car!

Favorite Features

I like that is has a CD player and tape player. Also really like radio control on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Good sedan gone bye-bye
By Olds31

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and probably my last Olds. It was a good choice I think. No real glaring faults with the car but the exterior design could of been a little better. Thinking about putting some after market fog lamps on the car. If I trade it in, I probably go with either Toyota or Honda. Sorry GM, Ford lovers out there.

Favorite Features

CD player. Bose speakers. Traction control. 3.5 liter V6 engine. Good gas mileage for a mid-size car. (19/30)

Suggested Improvements

Can't. They don't make this car anymore.

Oldsmoblie 2001 Intrigue
By Beachbums

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a very reliable and comfortable, but it has had a rough start. In the beginning it had a defective engine which had to be shipped back to the manufactuar and I was left without a car for a few weeks. However, they did replace the engine. Otherwise it has wonderful performance and notable styling. Above all else, you got decent features for your money.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the heated seats that can maintian a constant temperature.Also the A/C cools the car fast on hot, Florida summer days.

Suggested Improvements

Excellent price, quality, interior, performance, not much to be improved upon.