Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Most Helpful|
Oldsmoblie 2001 Intrigue
By Beachbums

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a very reliable and comfortable, but it has had a rough start. In the beginning it had a defective engine which had to be shipped back to the manufactuar and I was left without a car for a few weeks. However, they did replace the engine. Otherwise it has wonderful performance and notable styling. Above all else, you got decent features for your money.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the heated seats that can maintian a constant temperature.Also the A/C cools the car fast on hot, Florida summer days.

Suggested Improvements

Excellent price, quality, interior, performance, not much to be improved upon.

Great car for the money!
By lynziee

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and still going. This car just wont die. I've put over 150,000 miles on this car myself and have never replaced more than the tires and oil filter. Granted, the turn signals and gas gage are no longer working. Almost every interior dash light is on, and the steering seems to be going out....the engine just keeps on running! I wrote this car off about 50,000 miles ago but nope, she's still kicking. Also, still gets aroun 28-30 miles to the gallon. Have to keep track by hand no so I dont run out out gas but hey, she doesnt owe me anything at this point.

Favorite Features

body shape, car is large but handles like a much smaller sedan.

Suggested Improvements

who cares now....

Good sedan gone bye-bye
By Olds31

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and probably my last Olds. It was a good choice I think. No real glaring faults with the car but the exterior design could of been a little better. Thinking about putting some after market fog lamps on the car. If I trade it in, I probably go with either Toyota or Honda. Sorry GM, Ford lovers out there.

Favorite Features

CD player. Bose speakers. Traction control. 3.5 liter V6 engine. Good gas mileage for a mid-size car. (19/30)

Suggested Improvements

Can't. They don't make this car anymore.

Overall OK but has some issues
By drhodesvt

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is OK, but with mine both passenger windows need the motor replaced, they just seized up one day. Also, the lights flicker and dim on occasion, which is a known issue. Also, resale value is horrible on this car. The engine, so far, has worked great with no major problems. The issues I have with the car are not covered by a warranty, including some that known issues and should be recalled.

Favorite Features

CD/cassette, traction control, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

The electrical components of this car are really cheaped out, so be prepared for things like turn signals not working on the way to the store and then suddenly starting to work again when you pull up to your door. Again, do an internet search and these are know issue with the car.

Troubled Car
By Unknown

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my dont get me wrong.I've had it just over a year now and it's just now giving me problems.After looking up everything about the car,everyone seems to have the same issue.The car just wont start.I have no clue why and no one else seems to know either.If that issue was resolved it would be great.So if anyone knows please post it.Other than that I love the speed of the car,great get-up.

Favorite Features

Radio,seat warmers,great speed

Suggested Improvements

To have better motors for the power windows and to have a recall on the ones that won't start for some odd reason.