Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Great Car! No Problems
By ebus

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car. I purchased it when it was about a year and a half old with 28,000 miles on it. It now has 178,800 miles and has given me zero problems. Great gas mileage and smooth ride. I have only replaced the brakes once and that was about a month ago.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, smooth ride, zero maintenance issues other than an oil change and replacing the tires and brakes.

Great car for the money!
By lynziee

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and still going. This car just wont die. I've put over 150,000 miles on this car myself and have never replaced more than the tires and oil filter. Granted, the turn signals and gas gage are no longer working. Almost every interior dash light is on, and the steering seems to be going out....the engine just keeps on running! I wrote this car off about 50,000 miles ago but nope, she's still kicking. Also, still gets aroun 28-30 miles to the gallon. Have to keep track by hand no so I dont run out out gas but hey, she doesnt owe me anything at this point.

Favorite Features

body shape, car is large but handles like a much smaller sedan.

Suggested Improvements

who cares now....

Not your Granpa's Olds!!!
By papanetworkpro

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm only the second-owner of this great medium-size family sedan. It was clean- quick and quiet then, and still is. We consistently got 33mpg on the road to KY. It's easy to park and drive...has fewer blind spots than the Lexus we're buying. Great sound system...and lot's of trunk space.

Favorite Features

Split rear seats allowed me to haul "stuff" from Home Depot. I really enjoyed the sound system, and sporty steering.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats would be an improvement...and a little more power when passing.

Great Care
By Good car

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 160,000 miles on it. Not bad. After replacing brakes, tires and struts, and of course keeping up with oil, it runs great. I get 33 mpg highway. It goes when I want it to go, and sure, sometimes the blinkers quit working, but oh well. This car rocks it up the mountain with power, and it rocks it in the snow better than 4x4. My car just hit 202,000, and it's running just as good if not better than when I bought it.

Favorite Features

trac control, power seat, 2 lighters.

Suggested Improvements

power seat on both sides. working blinkers at all times :)

Overall a good car
By navyfire

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 2 years and was very pleased with it. I bought it with 60k and it was mostly trouble free except for a few minor problems: The check engine light came on shortly after I bought it, a check indicated a problem with the "secondary air injection system." The front suspension developed a loose feeling and vibrated a lot during braking. The ignition developed an issue where it wouldn't read the security code for the key and disable the engine. This was the most irritating problem the car had and often left me stranded. Overall, after 98k was put on it, I would definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Sleek design, powerful and refined DOHC engine unique to Oldsmobile, cornering lamps, sporty, but not in-your-face brash like the Grand Prix

Suggested Improvements

Supercharged version?