2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Olds Intrigue
By Narby on 02/13/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Intrigue is the finest car I've ever owned. It just turned 150,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs I've had to pay for are an alternator and a brake job. I would have preferred that GM drop Buick rather than Oldsmobile.

Great car
By Griffin on 10/20/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Oldsmobile. It was a natural replacement for my '97 Cutlass Supreme. You can definately feel the quality difference between the two cars. I chose a beautiful Ruby Red Metallic GL with every option available on that model. The 3.5L DOHC engine is so smooth you forget it's running! The car is very well-built and you can really notice the quality of the car.

Love this car
By HollySw3 on 06/28/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am married with 3 kids. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer and suprisingly enough the back seat in the intrigue is wider than the Blazer's back seat. The car runs great and is very comfortable. I just got it but bought it used and to this day I have had no problems with it. It is a sharp car!

Good sedan gone bye-bye
By Olds31 on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and probably my last Olds. It was a good choice I think. No real glaring faults with the car but the exterior design could of been a little better. Thinking about putting some after market fog lamps on the car. If I trade it in, I probably go with either Toyota or Honda. Sorry GM, Ford lovers out there.

Oldsmoblie 2001 Intrigue
By Beachbums on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been a very reliable and comfortable, but it has had a rough start. In the beginning it had a defective engine which had to be shipped back to the manufactuar and I was left without a car for a few weeks. However, they did replace the engine. Otherwise it has wonderful performance and notable styling. Above all else, you got decent features for your money.

Intrigues are the worst cars ever BUILT
By Neece on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From a mechanic stand point, something is always wrong with these cars intrigues they are constantly braking down, and in need of repairs. Not minor repairs either, things like, front rods, transmisson work, bad rotors and brakes, rack and pinion, and catilictic converter,badly spelled, but you should know the part, and also o2 censes. Oldsmobile intrigues have a great deal of mechanical problems, and in my opinion they are badly built cars.

Should Have been a Cutlass
By love my olds on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this one the week after GM decided to kill the brand. The 5/60 Protection Plan combined with excellent pricing made this the quickest new car purchase I have ever made. I've now owned this for over 2 and 1/2 years and have done nothing except oil changes and a set of brakes and tires at 50k. For a guy who hasn't kept a car for more than 2 years sence college, I can't imagine trading this one in anytime soon.

A Great Car.
By MRRN on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable, beautiful car. Fun to drive and sporty for a midsize sedan. Very strong engine, especially at higher speeds. smooth ride and transmission. Lots of complements from passengers.

great car
By lee on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Some fit & finish items are lacking, but overall a great car for the $$$, especially since olds is offering the 60,000 bumper-bumper warranty.

Great Car!
By Oldsowner on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Power when you need it! The car handles great, the traction control is one heck of a feature in the rain. Ride is smooth, fairly quiet compared to other cars in it's class. Pleanty of leg room both front and back and huge trunk space. The wrapped leather steering wheel, shifter, doors, and center console add a touch of class. Interior looks way better than the Intrigue's Grand Prix counterpart.